GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

How far away do you park to avoid dings? Nittis Idea!

• Farthest away possible.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just past range of parked cars.

• End of a row

• Odd shaped or large parking spots

• Anywhere.

• Near a light.

• Closest spot..Who cares!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oh how I love having a place to come to and share my obsessive thoughts/actions about my new 'Nox! It's so funny because I can relate to almost every post on here.

I usually use a combination of tactics when entering a parking lot. First, I look for a nice clear area that's free of cars and I go there. Second, I find the stall on the end of the row by a curb and I park there, all the while making sure I scoot nice and close to the curb (but without rubbing the tire/rim on the curb!) so that if a crappy old car decides to seek me out and park beside me there is still ample room on the exposed side which hopefully provides some protection from the infamous ding.

I am forever amused by the fact that, should you have a passenger with you during this process, it seems that they always feel the need to grunt and grown about you parking in the stall furthest from your destination and that they must walk such a long distance. What do you tell 'em? Stop your b!tching, exercise is good for ya! :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nice one Crow! I especially like the second one...might have to use that it :). Although, I don't mind driving, especially since I took home this beautiful vehicle :).

Haha-Roesterman. I now know where my dad was coming from. I think I might be more paranoid than he is now. It's pretty cool though, because we work at the same office right now and since it's summer he is driving his Camaro, so we have a parking system in place so that neither of us get door dings :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
:eek: Touche GaryD! Haha, I suppose since it's my first brand new car I am slightly more inclined to feel that way :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.