GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D
Just curious, I keep mine on the MPH, easier to read the speed at a glance than looking at the speedo.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Same here, I never look at the analog speedo anymore.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
Wow - I was about to report this thread to the moderator - LOL !

·
Registered
306 Posts
Same here, on page 8 which is the MPH. Do I have a analog speedo, oh yeah, I think I remember one!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tab 8 is where I leave it about 90% of the time.

·
Registered
365 Posts
RIT333 said:
Wow - I was about to report this thread to the moderator - LOL !
;D ;D ;D lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im in Canada so it stays on KM/H unless im really low on fuel i put it on range

·
Registered
698 Posts
Blank mostly.

Although maybe I should keep it on the digital speed readout... got a speeding ticket this weekend - my first ever in fifteen years of driving - for going 110 in a 80 km/h (68 in a 50 mph). Good for a $230 fine plus 4 demerit points. Ouch!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I keep mine on KPH.

·
Registered
977 Posts
MPH .. In NY if you get a ticket for speeding you should go to court. They don't have the time to deal with the tickets so they let you plea to a non moving violation. My 60 MPH in a 40 MPH zone (Got caught coasting down a hill where it is 55 mph at the bottom) turned into a parking ticket. Still coat $100 plus $30 to the court but no points and cheaper than $250.

·
Registered
698 Posts
RNOX said:
MPH .. In NY if you get a ticket for speeding you should go to court.
Here in Ontario there are three options... voluntarily plead guilty and pay the fine, plead guilty and grovel to the JP as to why you should have the fine reduced and third, plead not guilty and have a trial.

Thing is, with the insurance company a conviction is a conviction. Up to 29 over it's three points not 4 as it is over if you're pinched over 30. So I would be going through the bother to reduce 1 demerit point, and save a few bucks on the fine. Either way there'll be an insurance impact (I think...)

Not sure what I should do. I got the ticket about two hours away from home so there's the expense of getting up there (to plead) to consider.

On some of our more major provincial roads (non-freeway) have periodic passing lanes. I was the first one behind a slow-poke (ie speed limit) and as soon as we came upon the passing lane, I gunned it. I MAY have been going even faster, but I saw him in ambush and hit the brakes. Why would they engineer these passing lanes into the highways if they didn't want people using them...

As far as the DIC goes, there should be a tab where it calculates the difference between the posted speed (this info must be built into the navigation system for it to determine routing) and your travelling speed. It should begin to flash if you exceed a certain difference...

·
Registered
977 Posts
When I went to court (Or as I would say kangaroo court) one person had the ticket dismissed because the officer failed to show up, I don't know how tickets are handled outside of NY but if you get a ticket in NY and you live near the jurisdiction it is always best to challange a ticket and ask for a supporting deposition from the officer who wrote the ticket. If you don't get the supporting depossition before your trail date the ticket is dismissed. You actually deal with the issuing officer to plea to a non-moving violation. I did hear that things may change with the state troopers who won't be allowed to make deals but you will have a prosecuter to pled with. They just don't have the time to hear all the cases. Even with pleas they handled only 5 people in court that evening in the 1st hour and court started 7:00 at night. The officers offered everyone parking tickets or other non-moving violations that are not reported to the insurance company and no points. I had 3 other moving violations which I pleded guilty too and my insurance company never found out. The court is happy as they get $30 for each case and the state gets the money for the infraction.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
In order of "most watched", our top 5 would be:

1) MPH (kPH in Canada) --> always "ON", the rest are rotated through for periodic checks...
2) tire pressure
3) oil life remaining
4) AVG MPG
5) Instantaneous MPG

·
Registered
321 Posts
kilcher said:
Instantaneous MPG for me.
If you keep the DIC on Instantaneous, it gives you a pretty good idea about your relative driving habits. With safety being the top priority, I tend to drive a little differently when viewing Instantaneous to squeeze the most MPG out of my driving actions.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I mostly keep mine at page 8. Lesson learned the hard way with numerous speeding tickets.. lol. Now i dont have an excuse. If i'm going somewhere that i have to use my NAV then i put it on page 9, which i find very usueful so you dont have to keep looking at the NAV screen all the time.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I didn't know there was a alternate location where I "could keep my DIC". ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Iceman--if I were to put it there, it would interfere with my head! ;D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts