GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my 2010 Terrain back in February (or early March) the dealer had three on the lot. I was told they did not stay on the lot for very long..........

In the past it seems like every time I have purchased a new vehicle that I thought was "special", I would soon start seeing them all over the place. Not so with the Terrain. I have seen very few of them in my travels. Is it that GM is only producing a limited number of them?

Related to the production of the Terrain, I also wish to purchase a 2010 Colorado or Canyon light truck with an extended or crew cab. They also are hard to find. I guess it must be a production issue too. I read somewhere online that GM/Chevy is not going to offer a small truck in the near future. I wonder why. This is the first time in many years I have not owned either an S10 or a Somoma.

·
Registered
441 Posts
every maker is cutting production to keep stock at dealers within limits....been this way for the past two years since companies started shutting down dealerships....

·
Registered
11 Posts
ckmullin said:
Funny you should say that. Was just thinking the other day...I've seen not a single tv commercial about the Terrain. I've only seen 1 Terrain on the streets since it came out last year! I think they also keep it within production limits to make sure it is a 'hot' car.
We just ordered a 2011 SLT2 fwd with v6 and navigation, I was not aware of the Terrain at all until we started looking at vehicles and was hooked after driving one. Funny you mentioned the Colorado, I also have a 2010 Colorado crew cab with the v8. It is an awesome truck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
eastex said:
We just ordered a 2011 SLT2 fwd with v6 and navigation, I was not aware of the Terrain at all until we started looking at vehicles and was hooked after driving one. Funny you mentioned the Colorado, I also have a 2010 Colorado crew cab with the v8. It is an awesome truck.
Not sure where u all live . I see terrain commercials everyday here in Miami. But not sp many on the road. Mostly srx

·
Registered
196 Posts
i see terrains/equinoxs here all the time in iowa, along with commercials for them.

·
Registered
698 Posts
djmodifyd said:
i see terrains/equinoxs here all the time in iowa, along with commercials for them.
I just came home from a couple of weeks in NW Iowa, South Dakota and Nebraska and only saw three Terrains... one at Sioux Gateway airport (a rental) one on the interstate in SD and a brand new one at the GMC dealer in Sioux City. Americans seem to love their Tahoes and Escalades - and there seems to be an over-abundance of Trailblazers, Raniers, etc in the areas I was in. Might have something to do with the fact that premium fuel is quite a bit CHEAPER than regular out there. Regular gas around here costs about $4 / US gallon, if my conversion is correct!

Back home in a small Ontario town of about 60,000 I see one every few days but they are more popular it seems to the west of us towards Toronto.

Commercials I see all the time as well.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
They are getting around here in our town. Every time I see one when Im driving, I wave and get a pretty happy wave back. Ive seen about 15 different Terrains and I usually see the same 3 whenever I drive around on the weekends.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got mine in Febuary, at first I only saw the Equinox but lately I've been seeing more and more Terrains on the road also!
I live in Central NJ, I travel everyday to northern NJ.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
See a lot of adds for Terraine in Chicago. I even saw one on the Medium tv show , she usually drives the Acadia, but this episode she was renting a Terrain. It was funny when she was trying to figure out all the controls.
I've been saying the same thing about not seeing Terrains or Nox's, but I'm starting to see lots of Nox's but very very few Terrains to this day. I was thinking the Terrain is so beautiful, people are collecting them and putting them away. ;D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kuppyr said:
I got mine in Febuary, at first I only saw the Equinox but lately I've been seeing more and more Terrains on the road also!
I live in Central NJ, I travel everyday to northern NJ.
I live in Central Jersey (Ocean County). but you are not seeing my Terrain. My wife does not drive much and the Terrain is parked first in the driveway, so it only gets used when we are traveling somewhere distant. It probably has been driven less than 300 miles in the last three months. It will, however, be going to New Orleans next month via South Carolina.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I sometimes see a Terrain in NC. We just drove from NC to Florida and back and didn't see a single one.

·
Registered
303 Posts
There's a black Terrain in our general neighboorhood as I've seen it a couple times over the past week. I also saw a blue one on the highway yesterday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts