GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we bought our Equiniox 1LT in later November last year. For my other cars, I can find the information about when those cars were produced by looking at a sticker on the doors. However, I could not find such a sticker on our Equinox. How can I find out when was our Equinox produced? Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,848 Posts
It's usually on a metal plate riveted to the driver's door jamb. All it says is "Build Date: MM/YY" I THINK the Equinox has the metal plate ... I don't think it's a sticker. I remember checking it just before the test drive to make sure the car hadn't been sitting on the lot forever ... and it was on the driver's side jamb.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine has a Canadian flag sticker on the jam part of the drivers door

·
Registered
338 Posts
wwmequinox said:
Hi, we bought our Equiniox 1LT in later November last year. For my other cars, I can find the information about when those cars were produced by looking at a sticker on the doors. However, I could not find such a sticker on our Equinox. How can I find out when was our Equinox produced? Thanks
If you send me a private message with the last 8 of your VIN, I can tell you the build date.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am having the same problem, (Cannot Identify Build Date). The sticker or plate is not where it is supposed to be. I have also checked all the door jambs , the gas filler door , the glove compartment, the inside of the console compartment. I give up. :banghead:
I read in one of the posts that said it was federal law to have the build date sticker on the car. Is that true?
When I bought the 2012 nox it had 104 miles on it and had been at 3 different dealers. so possibly the sticker was removed for some reason.

Can I get help finding out the build date? I would appreciate it.
My vin is 2GNALFEK4C6343860.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
hi ,

Model: 1LJ26-2012 EQUINOX LTZ FWD Order Number: QGSHGC
Gross Vehicle Weight: 2,252 Build Date: 25/04/2012
Build Plant: 6

:cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks bigb12359.

:thumb: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would also be happy to look into build information if any one else would like it. Feel free to contact me as well with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts