GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an 2011 Terrain and I'm thinking about purchasing a '11 or '12 Equinox to replace my Escape. Anyone know when the '12 model will be available for order? Are the 2011 Equinoxes still hard to get? I checked online at my local dealer and it didn't show any inventory.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Last year..the 2011 Equinox started production around the first of August(5th ?). I think that we placed our order in June 2010...and received the LTZ on Aug 23,2010. I would imagine 2012 production would start aprox same time this year.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was having the same dilemma. I couldn't decide whether to go ahead an order a 2011 or wait for a 2012. From what the people on the Chevy website, the 2012 Equinox's go into production on 7/18/2011. I also think I read somewhere online that they began excepting 2012 orders (meaning that 2011's couldn't be ordered) on 4/18/2011, but I'm not totally sure about that. With all that being said, I went ahead and ordered a 2011 because one of our cars had to be replaced. I wanted the new Nav./Infotainment system that's being rolled out on the 2012's, but I just couldn't wait.

Also, If you go to http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f13/meet-your-2012-chevrolet-truck-lineup-102251/ and scroll to the Equinox section it shows the updates to the 2012's. They're also going to have an available "Forward collision alert" and "lane departure warning." and some color changes.

However, as the 2011 start to sit longer on the lot, you're more likely to get a better deal on one.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
DavidPJ said:
We have an 2011 Terrain and I'm thinking about purchasing a '11 or '12 Equinox to replace my Escape. Anyone know when the '12 model will be available for order? Are the 2011 Equinoxes still hard to get? I checked online at my local dealer and it didn't show any inventory.
I am showing that production is set to begin for the 2012 Equinox around July 18th. I would recommend contacting your local dealership around this time for more ordering information. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
From what I found, I decided that there wasn't enough new to justify waiting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts