GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found a source for wheel well liners?
The 'wisdom' of GM is it's cheaper to omit them and let the buyer find or buy them some where.
Up here in the snow belt, they'd come in handy to keep rust ans slop away.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
dwendt44 said:
Anyone found a source for wheel well liners?

Any thoughts?
I don't find that adding more to the exsisting wheel well liner is going to accomplish much more.
The stock liner is very well adapted to the wheel well already, (it's fully skirted) I'm actually impressed with GM's design on this one.
[/color]

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
OnxBear said:
I don't find that adding more to the exsisting wheel well liner is going to accomplish much more.
The stock liner is very well adapted to the wheel well already, (it's fully skirted) I'm actually impressed with GM's design on this one.
[/color]
My thoughts exactly. Why mess with something that already works fine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
RIT333 said:
My thoughts exactly. Why mess with something that already works fine.
I agree!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed at 2000 kms that I have many paint chips around my rear wheel wells (included the edges of the rear doors). The Terrain has not been driven in any situation that would cause these types of chips - my old vehicles, which were driven in the same routes, never had paint chips in these areas. Perhaps the paint is just that much thinner for cost saving measures??

If there was a way to protect these areas on the Terrain, I would consider it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Don't know if it would "eliminate" that sort of thing...but

It sounds like the optional "Protection Package" (with mudflaps and floor mats) may be appropriately named...

not...lol

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
daytona91 said:
I noticed at 2000 kms that I have many paint chips around my rear wheel wells (included the edges of the rear doors).

If there was a way to protect these areas on the Terrain, I would consider it.
Sure is... 3M wrap
Your local auto detailing shop should be able to help you out, we put door trim and wheel well arch protection on all our vehicles, works wonders. They have to custom cut it for some models but it takes very little time.[/color]

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
+1 on the 3M film. I bought some 12" square sheets for putting on my Harley's saddlebag tops to protect them from my big foot damaging them as I get off the bike. Great stuff.
Easy to cut with a sharp sissor or X-Acto knife. You can barely see it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts