GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone weigh one of there 18 inch wheel and tire? I am trying to figure out the weight difference between the stock 18's and a set of 20's I want to order for my future terrain.

Thanks,
Donny

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
never been answered and i have gotten numerous weights from ebay sellers. So im still not sure what is the correct weight.

G

·
Not sure if this will help but at least give you some perspective. I just received today a set of actual OEM 17" Equinox wheels, with TPMS sensor (for a dedicated set of winters I got off ebay).
I weighed myself on a digital scale with and without holding the Wheel.
The Factory 17" OEM Equinox Wheel, model year 2010, 2011, weighs 22.5lbs

I imagine an 18" can't be much more, maybe another 2-3 lbs or so???

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was reading the Edmunds GMC Terrain long-term test blog the other day and it stated:

"As you can clearly see, the wheels that bolt up to those studs are 18x7-inch aluminum alloy castings with a 46 mm offset. The tires on our Terrain are P235/55R18 (99T) Michelin Latitude Tour all-season rubber. Mounted together, each assembly weighs about 51.5 pounds."

Here is the link -- http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2010/02/2010-gmc-terrain-suspension-walkaround.html#more

·
Registered
830 Posts
50 pounds including tire is not heavy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well winter time is almost here, so it's time to take off the 20" rims and put back on the factory 17's. With all the questions about weight, I thought I would weigh each size. I was getting about 2 miles less per gallon with the larger and heavier rims. The 17's weighed in at 49 lbs and the 20's came in at 63 lbs. Each tire had 35 psi. Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts