GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a set of 18 inch OEM Camaro wheels in Permachrome for my Terrain. I'm picking the vehicle up on Monday. I am having a bit of a lug nut issue though. I am getting multiple answers as to what length of nut I need. Some places are telling me I need a 2 inch lug nut because the stud is longer on the Terrain than on the Camaro. Others are saying it is the same and that a 1 inch lug will be fine.

I would rather go with the 1 inch so that the lug does not stick out of the wheel. Can someone pull a lug nut off and measure the distance from the wheel to the end of the stud? Or better yet pull the entire wheel and measure the stud from the mounting surface to the end of the stud. I would like to try and pickup the right nuts before Monday so that I can get the Dealership to put the new wheels on for free ;)
I will get some pics posted as soon as the wheels are on!

Thanks,
Donny

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Why don't you use the stock lugs on Monday, and then you can pull a lug on Tuesday, and figure out what length will fit best. As I recall, the lugs are longer than any I have ever seen, and the lugnuts stick out very far. It makes it easy to mount the rims, but it looks a little awkward. In fact, the last 1/2" or so doesn't even have threads on it. I try to get the measurements later when the car returns.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Call RIT333 that is what I will do. I guess measuring is the only way to know for sure. I hope the wheels look good once they are on. Pics to come!!

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
My studs are 1 3/4" and the last 1/4" is not threaded.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RIT333 is that from the hub to the stud end or what is sticking out of the wheel with it on the vehicle?

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Hub to end of stud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts