GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out that you have to buy an entire set of 20 nuts in order to get lock nuts!
That's nuts!
LOL!
Been waiting since October and they're still not available so I have them on backorder.

Tried after market suppliers as well, and none would sell any cuz they couldn't cross reference the Terrain and didn't want to sell anything that may damage the studs.

Anyone have any luck getting lock nuts yet?
We have the 19" chrome clad wheels.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SnowItch said:
No luck here either.

I have the 19" wheels as well.

Good news is that accessories are creeping into the market as the Nox and Terrain are gaining in popularity.
Yes, we love accessories!
Adds that little personal touch, not like we're going to park in a shopping mall full of black terrains anytime soon, LOL!

Funny thing is, the Dealer ordered some for us back in November and they were the wrong ones.
I forgot whether they were supposed to call us or vice versa, so we called today and got a different person in the Parts Dept then wh we'd dealt with before.
So I read her the part # off their own website and she said "we have some right here right now with no one's name on them".

So I said, great, I'll pick them up tomorrow with the cargo organizer, but when she put me through to the Body Shop (faster for them to install with an impact wrench, plus included in the purchase price...heck, at that price they should...well, nevermind...LOL), the Manager remembered us and said those were still the lock nuts from before.
We agreed they'd better pull them off the shelf and change the part # on their website or some poor soul may strip their studs!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gearhead said:
I'll give them a call[/color], but the Dealer we got the Terrain from probably has access to the same source.
Worth a try and thanks very much, ldr04.
Just gave them a call.
Their Part # online is the same (17801711) as our Dealer's.
They show them as out of stock and coming from the States.
They quote 3-5 business days, since they're originating in the U.S. according to the Parts Dept.
I told them thanks anyway (since I have a backorder with our Dealer, who is fairly large in SW Ontario).
It was worth a try though.
Probably not enough demand yet?
Who knows?
;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts