·
Registered
139 Posts
Well if you are looking at a used 2010 vs a new 2011.....then the price :p

But i don't think there was any changes

·
Registered
378 Posts
There are small changes like lights for rear seats are now controllable separately, etc. There was a change list posted somewhere, I will look for it and link it here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
equinox2 said:
There are small changes like lights for rear seats are now controllable separately, etc. There was a change list posted somewhere, I will look for it and link it here.
Thanks. I look forward to seeing it as if I can track down a better priced 2010 I will go for it. not much incentive to buy new in Ontario right now.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Found it, got it from link below. I don't think anything warrants an extra charge for the 2011 if you have decided to buy used. One more thing not listed below is the Onstar app - the 2010 model does not work with it - you can lock/unlock doors or start engine if you get one with remote starter included from iphone or android phone.
Also just like the list doesn't mention the small rear seat light switches I mentioned it might not be complete.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f13/meet-your-2011-chevrolet-truck-lineup-91459/
Deletions

(PCU) Vehicle Interface Package on 1LT
(LF1) Engine, 3.0L DOHC V6 SIDI
(GBX) Navy Blue Metallic
(GCD) Summit White
(UZ8) Pioneer premium sound system no longer available on 1LT with (LAF) 2.4L DOHC 4-cylinder engine

New Features

(LFW) 3.0L DOHC V6 SIDI engine. E85 FlexFuel Capable with (FE9) Federal emissions only.
Compass standard on LS
Floormats standard on LS
Bluetooth for phone, USB Port and leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls standard on 1LT
(PDD) Driver Convenience Package, includes (BTV) remote vehicle starter system, (AE8) 8-way power front seat adjuster and (UVC) rearview camera system available on 1LT
(KA1) heated seats standard with 2LT Cloth
(UE1) OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan
(GLB) Twilight Blue Metallic
(GAZ) Summit White

Changes

LS models only available with the following colors: (GAN) Silver Ice Metallic, (GAO) Gold Mist Metallic, (GAZ) Summit White and (GBV) Cyber Gray Metallic
(AE8) 8-way power front driver seat included and only available in (PDD) Driver Convenience Package on 1LT
(UVC) Rearview camera system included and only available in (PDD) Driver Convenience Package on 1LT
(BTV) Remote vehicle starter system included and only available in (PDD) Driver Convenience Package on 1LT
Available Rear Park Assist retains audio warning and no longer has the warning lights in the rear headliner (standard on LTZ and included in R13 Chrome Package)

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
If there were no major changes, especially in the engine, then why is GM pushing the Dexos oil in the 2011 models? I asked the service manager at my dealership if it was a con job by GM and he said he thought so, because anyone using the name has to pay GM royalties. The oil the dealership is using is a blend, which he said he thought was at the maximum 50/50 mix. I've heard from another dealer it was a mix of 1 quart synthetic to 2 quarts regular oil.

I'm not arguing that the synthetic isn't a better oil, just why all of a sudden the big push?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Don B said:
If there were no major changes, especially in the engine, then why is GM pushing the Dexos oil in the 2011 models? I asked the service manager at my dealership if it was a con job by GM and he said he thought so, because anyone using the name has to pay GM royalties. The oil the dealership is using is a blend, which he said he thought was at the maximum 50/50 mix. I've heard from another dealer it was a mix of 1 quart synthetic to 2 quarts regular oil.

I'm not arguing that the synthetic isn't a better oil, just why all of a sudden the big push?
I think the consensus is that there is no difference and that most of the name brand oils are Dexos certified but may not have the logo on the package. Here is a link to see that most oils are Dexos.

http://www.gmdexos.com/licensedbrands.html

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
barhoc is right. Many brands do not have the symbol but are completely compatable. Amsoil is one that I know of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts