GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a used Equinox or Terrain. I looked at a 2015 Equinox and a 2014 Terrain. The 2015 DID have Bluetooth streaming, while the 2014 didn't. I've been searching through google for awhile and came across this forum, hoping someone might know.

Is it simply 2015? Do all 2015 Terrain's have it? Do any? Do we know specifically what year the equinox and terrain obtained bluetooth media streaming?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
my 2013 equinox has it. I have the Pioneer stereos that came with the optional 3.6 V6. (the stereo was part of the engine package).

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
my 2013 equinox has it. I have the Pioneer stereos that came with the optional 3.6 V6. (the stereo was part of the engine package).
My 2014 LTZ, also with the Pioneer has it.
I also have the 7 inch color touch screen with MyLink.
When looking for one to buy, try to find one with MyLink software.

Wiki linked below might help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking that that Equinox has it earlier than the Terrain. Just trying to not have to look at all these cars and maybe avoid any Terrain before 2014 and any Equinox before 2013, idk.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'm thinking that that Equinox has it earlier than the Terrain. Just trying to not have to look at all these cars and maybe avoid any Terrain before 2014 and any Equinox before 2013, idk.
As long as you’re narrowing the search, avoid the 4 cylinder versions of either one...research known issues here...
I’d go with a ‘13-‘17 V6. That’ll get you the good engine and Bluetooth stereo...the Pioneer system was required in the V6 option package...

Reactions: rednox301

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Did you get anything from the link to Wikipedia?
Looks like MyLink software 4.2 and up is what you are after.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you get anything from the link to Wikipedia?
Looks like MyLink software 4.2 and up is what you are after.
Yeah it helped. I'm getting constant proxy errors and 503 errors from cars.com - something must be up. It's been like that for a couple weeks now.

(just now noticed that it might be chrome +cars.com that's the problem)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2014 Terrain SLT and it has bluetooth streaming along with iPhone/iPod USB connectivity via the port in the center console.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Yeah it helped. I'm getting constant proxy errors and 503 errors from cars.com - something must be up. It's been like that for a couple weeks now.

(just now noticed that it might be chrome +cars.com that's the problem)
Give Autotrader.com a try, I have had good luck with them.
Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a 2013 Equinox without the optional Pioneer sound system that had Bluetooth music streaming. From my understanding you have to have a 2013+ Equinox with MyLink in order to have the Bluetooth music streaming. I believe (I could be wrong) you could get a 2012 with the MyLink system (maybe it just looked similar and wasn’t actually MyLink branded) but I don’t think it offered the Bluetooth music streaming capability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts