GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what type of pads come std on the 2012 2LT FWD Nox? We're seeing what seems to be brake dust film on all 4 of the wheels, we didn't have dust with with the 08 Nox. I think the 08 had ceramic pads. The car is 3 weeks old with 560 miles on it

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would ba happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last 8 are C6260419. Thanks

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
SCBEARSFAN said:
Does anyone know what type of pads come std on the 2012 2LT FWD Nox? We're seeing what seems to be brake dust film on all 4 of the wheels, we didn't have dust with with the 08 Nox. I think the 08 had ceramic pads. The car is 3 weeks old with 560 miles on it
Most likely semi-metallic
Last 8 of the VIN won't help any,,, just FYI[/color]

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe it's just us wanting the wheels to look good. Like I said before with the 08 Nox we didn't have the dust. It could be that the pads and rotors need to clean themselves or we'll have to live with it until we need brakes.

·
Registered
673 Posts
POLRCUB said:
Most likely semi-metallic
Last 8 of the VIN won't help any,,, just FYI[/color]

lol...

side not have you seen the brake dust on the high end BMW/Mercedes front wheels? They look like they put silver and black wheels on the car :)

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Wheel shape and design can collect more dust than others.

But that being said the GM pads are normally semi metalic with a high carbon content.

Just when you go to replace them use EBC red pads and they will create less dust and will give you good service if installed properly and beded in. They are a ceramic.

With pads you get what you pay for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts