GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting an SLT-2 with the 4 cyl and hate the fact that the whole vehicle is accented in chrome but the wheels are a cast color. Just wondering what other GM vehicles have wheels with the same offsets, bolt pattern etc.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Why dont you get the Terrain's 19" Chrome wheels ? I know they come only with the V6, but i'm sure you can purchase them separatly and ask you dealer to make you a deal while taking back the originals 17 or 18" wheels... My friend done that when purchasing his BMW, he was not loving the original wheels and wanted the wheels from a higher model... The dealer ordered them and took back the wheels the car came with.

dogger37 said:
Getting an SLT-2 with the 4 cyl and hate the fact that the whole vehicle is accented in chrome but the wheels are a cast color. Just wondering what other GM vehicles have wheels with the same offsets, bolt pattern etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd be interested to find out what other GM wheels fit too. I've been told wheels from any 4x4 truck fit, but I never trust what I "hear". Has anyone posted the bolt patter and offset of the Terrain/Nox wheels? With that info one could find and use any wheel with those parameters.

IMHO, the 19" chrome wheels offered for the Terrain/Nox are simply 19" cast alloys with a cheap, easily-chipped chrome PLASTIC wheel cover; garbage. Really, they are complete garbage for the nine bills they want for this option. I would rather pay a few thousand for some real forged and chrome plated wheels than put GM's 19" wheel option on one of these nice vehicles. Wheels can seriously make or break the look of a vehicle.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Chrome Clad like GM 19" wheels are more durable and tougher than real chrome and easier to care. And if you scratch a real chrome wheels or a Chrome-Clad wheels, that's the same... the wheel is scraped.

So i prefer by far replacing a 3~400$ wheel than a 1000$+ wheel.

They are also lighter so more fuel economy. That's my opinion.

http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/Chrome_Clad_Wheels.html

By the way the bolt patern of the Nox/Terrain is 5 X 120mm. Offset : 40mm[/color]

And for majority of 4X4 wheels that fit the Nox/Terrain... no... Majority of 4X4 use 6 bolts patern.

GuntherCam said:
I'd be interested to find out what other GM wheels fit too. I've been told wheels from any 4x4 truck fit, but I never trust what I "hear". Has anyone posted the bolt patter and offset of the Terrain/Nox wheels? With that info one could find and use any wheel with those parameters.

IMHO, the 19" chrome wheels offered for the Terrain/Nox are simply 19" cast alloys with a cheap, easily-chipped chrome PLASTIC wheel cover; garbage. Really, they are complete garbage for the nine bills they want for this option. I would rather pay a few thousand for some real forged and chrome plated wheels than put GM's 19" wheel option on one of these nice vehicles. Wheels can seriously make or break the look of a vehicle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
brooo dont limit yourself to GMC wheels, go get some aftermarket rims like i did. You will stand apart from the crowd and have a way bigger selection. I ordered mine ill post pics soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the Terrain has a 5x120 bolt pattern. This would be 04-06 GTO and the Pontiac G8. I am not sure if this is the same pattern as the 2010 Camaro.

·
0 Posts
WILSONN said:
brooo dont limit yourself to GMC wheels, go get some aftermarket rims like i did. You will stand apart from the crowd and have a way bigger selection. I ordered mine ill post pics soon.
I agree...The wheels look better, and if you really wnat a nice setup, you can reduce overall unsprung weight to increase ride comfort, and mpg's. The stock 18" are just under 30lbs a wheel (not counting the 32lb tire it has), I can only imagine what the 19's weight! You can get aftermarket 19's that are forged or cast spun that weigh under 25lbs each. Besides bolt pattern, and offset, watch up on the wheel weight. Going to overly heavy wheels will effect ride performance. I would not go over what the stocks are, but going to a lighter wheel will give better ride quality, and increased fuel economny.

I saw these posted on another forum

http://www.chevyequinoxforum.com/showthread.php?t=139

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just go to tirerack.com and start checking different vehicles for the same bolt pattern, 5x120, that the Terrain has.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can get the 19" chrome wheels off the gmc terrain website. I purchased a 2011 Terrain SLT1 L4 two weeks ago and the dealer purchase the 18" wheels back from me for $500.00. I didn't want to go with the chrome-clad and they had no problems with that. Don't let them tell you need the V6 to purchase them.

·
Registered
635 Posts
In Canada you can order the chrome clad wheels on the 4 cylinder models.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I don't think so... Except if they changed that for the 2011 models.

Roesterman said:
In Canada you can order the chrome clad wheels on the 4 cylinder models.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
I don't think so... Except if they changed that for the 2011 models.
That may be(2011 different), but I had the option for chrome wheels. It was around $900 dollars. I opted for the machined 18" wheels instead.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yes the option is there but when you select it they add also the V6...

Roesterman said:
That may be(2011 different), but I had the option for chrome wheels. It was around $900 dollars. I opted for the machined 18" wheels instead.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just tried to build 2010 equinox on gm.ca and there are no chrome wheel options till you get to LTZ model.
This is different from when I bought mine. I did have the chrome option available, but it has since been changed. You can no longer get chromies on the 4 cylinder.

I wonder if anyone with the 4 cylinder and chrome wheels can verify this?

·
Registered
830 Posts
All i can say is that is was that way up in february when i ordered mine...

Roesterman said:
I just tried to build 2010 equinox on gm.ca and there are no chrome wheel options till you get to LTZ model.
This is different from when I bought mine. I did have the chrome option available, but it has since been changed. You can no longer get chromies on the 4 cylinder.

I wonder if anyone with the 4 cylinder and chrome wheels can verify this?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I ordered in January and did my research in the months prior, so must have changed in the meantime.

Or maybe website was messed up and was never a true option for me. Would you like to start a topic to find a

4 banger with chrome wheels from factory or shall I? I am very curious now!

·
Registered
830 Posts
It would be nice to, start it and i'll follow, i'm currious too !

Roesterman said:
I ordered in January and did my research in the months prior, so must have changed in the meantime.

Or maybe website was messed up and was never a true option for me. Would you like to start a topic to find a

4 banger with chrome wheels from factory or shall I? I am very curious now!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I built an SLT-2 four cyl on gmfamilyfirst website and it now says that for the 2011 model you CAN add the chrome 19's for $3600!!!!!! :eek: ???

·
Registered
830 Posts
From Gm Family First website : Wheels, 19" chrome clad aluminum with P235/60R19 all-season, blackwall tires. Requires 3.0L V6 SIDI engine. Not available with dealer installed 4 - 19" Chrome wheels and tires. 900$

You can purchase an ADITIONAL set of 19" for 3600$... It is not an option...

dogger37 said:
So I built an SLT-2 four cyl on gmfamilyfirst website and it now says that for the 2011 model you CAN add the chrome 19's for $3600!!!!!! :eek: ???

·
Registered
830 Posts
Is this just me or you cant have the Pioneer Premium sound system without taking the rear seat entertainement on the 2011 model ???

I'm happy that i have a 2010... !!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts