GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my 2010 LTZ AWD 6-cyl Equinox a few days ago from a used car dealership. I have both key fobs, carpeted floor mats, and an extended warranty.

Besides general car maintenance items (oil/fluids/filters/tires/brakes/wiper blades) that you would perform on a slightly used car, what would YOU do if you had bought a recently traded-in vehicle? I'm not talking window tint or add a sub or replace wheels with spinners, etc. (cool things to ADD), but other OEM stuff to check.

I was thinking:
- Replace Key Fobs? - at least the rubber button portion, since Lord knows what noses were picked / hands were sneezed on before the buttons were pressed 1000's of times by the previous owners
- Check recalls / TSBs @ dealership? - My clock keeps resetting itself forward one hour (after I manually set it back an hour) every time I start my Equinox. Will a dealership check that firmware / computer stuff out for me?
- Batteries in RSE headphones/remote would be an easy check/fix.
- Obv. cleaning windows, mirrors, leather seats, etc. would be easy to do as well.
- Install front/rear splashguards (I have none at the moment)? Is this something that can be done by myself?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would:

-- Change the oil
-- Replace engine air filter
-- Replace cabin air filter
-- Replace wiper blades
-- Check/rotate tires

This is cheap insurance to ensure your continued enjoyment. Best of luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, nuclear. I was sorta looking for stuff "Besides general car maintenance items (oil/fluids/filters/tires/brakes/wiper blades)" though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oops, sorry for not reading your post carefully.

You already covered a major one; having the dealer check for open recalls. They should do that for you. There is one recall for the 2010 you should be aware of. It involves lock-up of the center stack and loss of defrost and other controls. I don't have the bulletin with me now, but I will post it later.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Replace key fobs??? Youve already got all the dreaded dieases your going to get from your days old key fobs... wipe them off with some lysol wipes and your good to go
splash guards are an easy install...

Your that worried about germs? the money you saved on key fobs put towards a good detail from a detail shop carpet cleaned engine steamed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nuclear1986 said:
There is one recall for the 2010 you should be aware of. It involves lock-up of the center stack and loss of defrost and other controls. I don't have the bulletin with me now, but I will post it later.
Excellent, thanks! :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fourmoremarine said:
Replace key fobs??? Youve already got all the dreaded dieases your going to get from your days old key fobs... wipe them off with some lysol wipes and your good to go
splash guards are an easy install...

Your that worried about germs? the money you saved on key fobs put towards a good detail from a detail shop carpet cleaned engine steamed
Not that worried... I have a 4-yr old son who brings back Lord-knows-what from his childcare.

With the keyfobs... it's just the most worn part of the Equinox I've seen (and that's good, all things considered). Just spent some decent dough on the truck overall, and would be nice to feel like it was brand new. Good idea on the detail - I should get that done ASAP!

·
Registered
177 Posts
nuclear1986 said:
There is one recall for the 2010 you should be aware of. It involves lock-up of the center stack and loss of defrost and other controls.
The full bulletin is attached. You can check if your VIN is included.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Why are the key fobs worn? was this a rental vehicle? Get the car fax(maybe to late should have got it on the showroom floor) Is vehicle still under Mfg warranty? they should replace key fobs if broken(not worn)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts