GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could add features or modify something on your terrain, what would it be? Don't include things that you don't have because you bought the base model or didn't add the option in. I'll allow Bluetooth music since a lot of us were told we were getting it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
HUD, and turbo :thumb:. I like my 4cyl, but it could use just a bit more UMPH!
Also, a color touch screen dash information center , the ones in the Chryslers look so great.
Still love my 2011 Nox,with 30k miles.(xcept for the driver's seat. :thumbdown:)
More soft touch plastic would be nice too.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The only mods/additions I made were to tint the driver/passenger windows to match the rears...and a Garmin GPS. The only thing I can see in the future would be some softer riding tires...all the other bells and whistles I can live without.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm definitely getting the front tints done once summer comes around.

I like the touch screen in the 2012s. It seems like they could have done more with it though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
batmobile_ws6 said:
HD Radio!
Have you used HD radio? It seems like it hasn't really caught on. I'm curious how many HD stations are out there. I think satellite will go free long term and wipe it out.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Fog lights have a memory on position - when you turn the fogs on they stay on until you switch them off.
Just like some other GM vehicles, the Canyon for example.

Once you turn the fogs on the will stay on while the low beams are on, switch off by themselves when the high beams are utilized obviously, but as soon as you switch back to low, the fogs come back on. They also remember to turn back on even when the vehicle is shut off and re-started.
Very nice feature,
For such an upscaled vehicle, how hard would it be?, just like adding a low level warning for the washer fluid. Geez GM!![/color]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
POLRCUB said:
Fog lights have a memory on position - when you turn the fogs on they stay on until you switch them off.
Just like some other GM vehicles, the Canyon for example.

Once you turn the fogs on the will stay on while the low beams are on, switch off by themselves when the high beams are utilized obviously, but as soon as you switch back to low, the fogs come back on. They also remember to turn back on even when the vehicle is shut off and re-started.
Very nice feature,
For such an upscaled vehicle, how hard would it be?, just like adding a low level warning for the washer fluid. Geez GM!![/color]
So right now do they stay off after you use high beams?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Actually I think they do, I'll try that out today, I can't recall from my other Terrains cause I had HID's, my new MY12 still has the OEM fogs and low beams, Hubby will be changing that over this week,

It just would be nice for the BCM to remember that the fogs were on prior to the vehicle being shut off. [/color]

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
kparrent said:
So right now do they stay off after you use high beams?
Just tried this, the fogs will go on after you switch back to lows,
So it's just after the vehicle is shut off.[/color]

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'd love HUD. I had Heads Up in three of my four Grand Prix (it was only available with the V8 in 08). I miss it.

I wish you could get options outside of 'packages'. It's nice to get a break on price with packages, but sometimes, I'd like one item but don't want the other stuff in a package. It isn't just GM either, my brother is into Dodge trucks and he has the same opinion about their packages.

·
Registered
249 Posts
dwendt44 said:
I'd love HUD. I had Heads Up in three of my four Grand Prix (it was only available with the V8 in 08). I miss it.

I wish you could get options outside of 'packages'. It's nice to get a break on price with packages, but sometimes, I'd like one item but don't want the other stuff in a package. It isn't just GM either, my brother is into Dodge trucks and he has the same opinion about their packages.
Factory HID, and rear LED. I would've paid for that. Side blinkers, and fold-away power mirrors, should've been standard.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I personally can't stand the fact that the Terrain doesn't have the auto-up feature on the power windows. And I'm also surprised that, at least on the SLT-2, there's no power passenger seat. So, I'd add those two items, and HIDs/LED lighting would be sweet too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh, and there's 3 options that our new Hyundai Elantra has that I wish my Terrain had:

1.) Turn signal indicators on the outside of the side mirrors. Already avoided a couple collisions on the freeway by trying to change lanes at the same time someone else is.

2.) Heated REAR seats. Might be a little spoiled on this one, but living in Ohio, it sure makes passengers in the winter more comfortable.

3.) Keyless ignition/entry/trunk. Just keep the transmitter in your pocket/purse/briefcase/gym bag and you can do anything you'd need to without having to get your keys out. You'd be surprised how nice of a feature that is to have.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tribefan said:
Oh, and there's 3 options that our new Hyundai Elantra has that I wish my Terrain had:

1.) Turn signal indicators on the outside of the side mirrors. Already avoided a couple collisions on the freeway by trying to change lanes at the same time someone else is.

2.) Heated REAR seats. Might be a little spoiled on this one, but living in Ohio, it sure makes passengers in the winter more comfortable.

3.) Keyless ignition/entry/trunk. Just keep the transmitter in your pocket/purse/briefcase/gym bag and you can do anything you'd need to without having to get your keys out. You'd be surprised how nice of a feature that is to have.
I definitely agree with 1 and 3. I wouldn't use 2 much personally, but I could definitely see how it would be useful. I was somewhat surprised after I purchased and had the settle in period with the SLT2 how many little features I had seen on so many cars for years weren't included. The push to start / keyless is very nice, I've had it in some rentals. No more fumbling for keys!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ziason said:
HUD, and turbo :thumb:. I like my 4cyl, but it could use just a bit more UMPH!
Also, a color touch screen dash information center , the ones in the Chryslers look so great.
Still love my 2011 Nox,with 30k miles.(xcept for the driver's seat. :thumbdown:)
More soft touch plastic would be nice too.
I'm thinking blind spot indictcators on the side view mirrors like available on the Buick LaCross

·
Registered
289 Posts
1) Blind spot indicators and collision detectors. I believe this is available, but ONLY on the highest model. You can't get it any other way.

2) As someone else mentioned, fog lights with memory on. I've now owned 3 GM vehicles and none have had this. Not sure what the logic is in this not being included.

3) Electronic rear hatch. Again, why do I have to go to the SLT models to get this feature? I don't want the leather seats but want some of the leather only add-ons.

4) The spare tire under the vehicle and then a storage organizer built into the rear cargo area. I loved this on my Buick Rendezvous and now have rubbermaid containers all in the back till it gets warmer to build one.

Some of the above I'd be more than happy to pay extra for and some have been on previous vehicle's I owned. I still love my Terrain though.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Tribefan said:

Yes, yes and yes!! That would be epic! 8)[/color]

JediSkipdogg said:
1) collision detectors. I believe this is available, but ONLY on the highest model. You can't get it any other way.
You'd be correct, cost me an extra $300CD[/color]

CFRTim said:
Factory HID, and rear LED and fold-away power mirrors, should've been standard.
So very true, would have been nice.
Guess those trickets are left only for the full size SUV's, :facepalm:[/color]

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
CFRTim said:
Not full size only, it's available on the SRX :-\
HID's, power up windows, power fold away mirrors, rear LED's?? Those are some of the bells & whistles available on the SRX?

I have no idea, perhaps I should rephrase, full size and high end SUV's. I'm assuming that a completely fully loaded SRX is more $$$ than the fully loaded SLT2 Terrain? Yes?[/color]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts