GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are other posts on this but,

What is your actual MPG on your 2010 Equinox?

I dont care what the vehicle computer says -- i want do know the actual MPG - you have to:

1) fill the tank
2) reset the odemeter
3) drive a bunch of miles
4) refile the tank to the top and write down the gallons
5) divide the odometer miles by the gallons -- thats your actual MPG!
6) post your number here!
7) post if you are AWD or FWD and I4 or V8

THANKS!!!!!!

(I want to buy one if it gets Camry mileage but everyone says the milage on the sticker is bogus by alot.)

Dave T.
Cincinnati

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
You need to also have people specify the type of driving they are doing, i.e. % Highway.

I'll start :

I4 FWD

95% Highway - 29.3 MPG

·
Registered
332 Posts
You will also need to specify US gal or Imp gal if MPG is going to be listed.

I am going to start actual measurements soon now that we have 10K (6300M) on the clock, but up until now the DIC has shown average of 8.3L/100K (34 MPG imp.) for 70%/30% hwy/city with 2.4L FWD in ECO mode 60%-70% of the time.

Will post back with the results when I have them.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
While the 32 mpg claim for the FWD I4 may be overly optimistic, I think it can be obtained in the real world if conditions are right. By that I mean a highway trip in mild weather, driver only, no hills, no wind and a light foot on the accelerator. My one and only time to calculate mileage was on a 300 mile round trip with no urban stop and go, one passenger and no luggage. I got 28.7 mpg which I feel is more than acceptable for a vehicle that isn't exactly small or light, and I wasn't actively trying to achieve the best mileage. My Nox is the I4 with FWD btw..

·
Registered
36 Posts
If I go 50mph, I can get 30mpg+.

When I go 70mph, I get ~26mpg.

When I go 80, I get ~24mpg.

Keep in mind I am in Vermont, there no flat spots. It's up a long hill, then down a long hill, etc etc.

My numbers are "real". If I go by the DIC, I get 1.3mpg better :)

Kevin

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got about 14,000 miles on my Equinox so far and have been keeping track of all fuel purchases to date. My vehicle is an I4 AWD and my overall average is hovering right at 25 mpg (US gallons) with 90% highway (70 mph), 10% city driving.

·
Registered
137 Posts
4500 miles 4-cyl FWD 80% intown
Actual Average is now 19.4. Fairly aggressive driving.
DIC says average mpg is 21.2
DIC says average mph is 22
Mostly in Normal mode and not Eco
Just yesterday did a 90 mile just highway (I-75-Fla) DIC at 72 mph was reading 27 bumped up to 80 and it went down to 24. At 60 mph 31. No way to confirm actual

·
Registered
10 Posts
14,000 miles on my I4, FWD Equinox.
Refueled Friday night, 35.6 mpg. :eek: 85% hwy, 15% city, always in eco mode. (real gas, no ethanol)
That is my best so far, usually I'm around 32 to 33 mpg.
I'm very pleased with my Nox. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got back from Cleve to Dearborn MI round trip. Because of stop in Toledo on way up, avg for trip is 80/20 highway/city MPG.

Average mpg there and back 28.5. Cruise at 72mph, 68, or 62 per speed limits posted. was 2 mpg less than that average at mid point in the city driving. Means I got about 30.5 at least coming back.

Driver and 3 passengers, A/C on 75% of total time.

Pleased with these results, as I did not use ECO

As a sidenote, this car performs well and all the tranny critiques that I see in comments online are really not a issue for me. As long as you use 50% throttle when you wanto to MOVE at speeds less than 45, and kick it down to like 90% throttle if going 55 or above. I can put up with downshifts to fifth and fourth on cruise for the overall response and economy of this transmission.

Sporty driving is easy in this car, you just have to be aggressive with the throttle to overcome the overall ECO 'mapping' of the system.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Doulos said:
14,000 miles on my I4, FWD Equinox.
Refueled Friday night, 35.6 mpg. :eek: 85% hwy, 15% city, always in eco mode. (real gas, no ethanol)
That is my best so far, usually I'm around 32 to 33 mpg.
I'm very pleased with my Nox. :)
If that is NOT an Imperial Gallon, then I am truly impressed. That would make you a champion hypermiler !

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
RIT333 said:
If that is NOT an Imperial Gallon, then I am truly impressed. That would make you a champion hypermiler !
It can happen!
If I remember correctly my '07 Solstice GXP(2.0 turbo) was rated at 31 highway. After a few thousand miles we managed 36.8 on a longer trip(mainly secondary hwys)and met that mark several times since. Normally it runs at 25-27 in town..33 on the road. All the right conditions and speed can surprisingly make a big dif.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is a table of my fuel mileage for the month of August. Its been a busy month for driving. The app I'm using is called Road Trip, and I really really like it.

9.36 L/100 km is 25.1 MPG (US). You can see my best fuel mileage was 7.90 L/100 km which is 29.7 MPG (US). Worst city driving scenario thus far was 11.52, which is 20.4 MPG (US).

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got back from a 1,550 mile trip to the beach and back. v6, awd, 19 inch wheels. Three adults and all our junk. This was interstate, 2 and 4 lane state roads and driving around town. We got 21.9 mpg for the complete trip. Vehicle now has 3,000 miles on it after completing trip.

·
Registered
62 Posts
jls1958 said:
just over 1000km's on Equinox..........4 banger and only 10.6 / 100km.......98% city driving in eco mode...........not hot roddin.....been told will improve with more use........hope this is true.......any thoughts guys........
With 98% city driving sounds good. Try to get less than 10 L / 100 km with anything bigger than a Yaris!

·
Registered
698 Posts
jls1958 said:
just over 1000km's on Equinox..........4 banger and only 10.6 / 100km.......98% city driving in eco mode...........not hot roddin.....been told will improve with more use........hope this is true.......any thoughts guys........
I'm getting better than that on my V6 with 3,500 kms on it. Mostly City driving as well, although it's not a big city.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had a very unusual fuel reading, at least I thought. My wife (heavier foot than mine) has been averaging about 23-34 mpg in mostly city driving, which I thought was ok. We just took it on a 140 mile jaunt to a friends house and I finally got to drive the truck. 1/2 interstate, 1/2 back country highway with little stopping. Cruise at 65 on the interstate, 55 through the country. Relatively flat terrain on a cool, calm wind day, eco mode on, fresh after an oil change....

36.2 mpg.

LT with 4 banger, FWD. I'm curious what the average mpg would be if I drove the thing every day. Just over 8K on the truck now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
pupilot007 said:
Just had a very unusual fuel reading, at least I thought. My wife (heavier foot than mine) has been averaging about 23-34 mpg in mostly city driving, which I thought was ok. We just took it on a 140 mile jaunt to a friends house and I finally got to drive the truck. 1/2 interstate, 1/2 back country highway with little stopping. Cruise at 65 on the interstate, 55 through the country. Relatively flat terrain on a cool, calm wind day, eco mode on, fresh after an oil change....

36.2 mpg.

LT with 4 banger, FWD. I'm curious what the average mpg would be if I drove the thing every day. Just over 8K on the truck now.
I'm finding that as the temperature drops and the a/c compressor doesn't need to be used that fuel mileage is increasing by 4-7 mpg. I understand that it will burn more fuel using the compressor, but I didn't think the difference would be that large.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know that the high mpg reading was a very small sample size, so statistically was insignificant. When I fill my tank, I just let it go until the pump auto stops. So, if it stopped a bit early, that creates a big difference. Even a .5 gallon creates a 4 mpg difference. Regardless, it was the closest I've come to the advertised 32 mpg.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts