GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found it located under the spare tire mounting bracket today while looking over my 2012 1LT.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
I think it is for hooking in a car seat into the middle place of the rear seat. I think !

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
interesting..

I have the one thats for a car seat, it was in the glovebox of both my Terrains, and its alot smaller than that and is more of a bungie cord..

·
Registered
289 Posts
wrusprod said:
interesting..

I have the one thats for a car seat, it was in the glovebox of both my Terrains, and its alot smaller than that and is more of a bungie cord..
That one I was told is used to hook the spare tire lid to the rear seat so it stays open while getting the jack and tire out. The dealer showed it to me rear quick then threw it back in the glovebox.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
ha!..funny..My dealer told me it was for a car seat..which I dont have..so Threw it back into the glove box...

·
Registered
52 Posts
The cable when applied will keep your back seat center folding arm rest cup holder from coming down. It's in the owners manual.
Don 1948

·
Registered
2 Posts
That cable is for securing your flat tire (after you have swapped it out for your spare) to your rear hatch. It's purpose is to prevent the loose tire from flying through the interior possibly injuring or killing someone in the event of an accident.

Scroll down for pictures of it in use on the Enclave forums. (At the link)

Edit: Sorry, I'm not yet allowed to post the link.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hmmm...Now that one makes sense!..

OK...just checked my manual..

The small bungie cord type that is in the glove box...is for the rear seat armrest...to keep it up and secured..see.."
Armrest Retaining Strap".

The one in the picture above is for securing flat tire as mentioned. See..."Storing a Flat or Spare Tire
and Tools"

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. I know the short bungy type strap is for the rear seat fold down cup holder. I see the point of securing the
"Flat" tire as it would not fit in the spare storage compartment. I guess I'll find more details by looking in the owners manual.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the pic, thanks for pointing me in the right direction, and I guess I should have checked the manual !

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your welcome
Owners manual page 3-52 Arm rest retaining strap
Owners manual page 10-71 & 10-72 Storing a flat or spare tire using strap under spare tire
After seeing picture posted of spare tire strap I looked under my spare tire to make sure I had one.
The strap was there.
Owners manual shows pictures how to use both straps
Don 1948

1 - 12 of 12 Posts