GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new Terrain this week and I would like to know when I can expect delivery? The salesman said the factory was working 3 shifts, 7 days of week. He couldn't even tell me where the Terrain is built. Can you tell me/

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ordered ours Oct. 23rd and picked it up Dec. 24th, great Christmas present!

·
Registered
93 Posts
rbradley said:
I just ordered a new Terrain this week and I would like to know when I can expect delivery? The salesman said the factory was working 3 shifts, 7 days of week. He couldn't even tell me where the Terrain is built. Can you tell me/
Ontario Canada, about 8 weeks.

KJ

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Re: What is the average delivery Time on a Terrain and what factory is it built

rbradley said:
The Equinox and Terrain are built in Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada.
It is the old CAMI plant, a joint venture by GM and Suzuki.
It's located just off the 401 Highway northeast and midpoint of London and Woodstock, Ontario.
Google Maps link:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=CAMI&sll=43.044555,-80.959282&sspn=0.19345,0.44632&ie=UTF8&rq=1&ev=zi&radius=11.28&hq=CAMI&hnear=&ll=43.041544,-80.959282&spn=0.199733,0.44632&t=h&z=12&iwloc=A

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: What is the average delivery Time on a Terrain and what factory is it built

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

You are correct, I actually grew up just down the road from the plant in a city right beside it. (Woodstock)

The good news is that GM has bought Suzuki OUT of the plant, it is now a wholly owned subsidy of GM. This is good news. They are also back to three shifts, along with over time and GM has just recently committed 90 million to expand / update the plant.

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered mine the beginning of November and it arrive in MA the first week of January. The actual build date was 12/21/09 and it shipped on 12/22/09 so about a week to arrive in MA. Of course timing depend if you dealer has any allotment in the queue at Cami. It also depends on how far it is shipping from Ontario. If they do have allotment I would say 8 weeks, if not it will depend on when they get more allotment. Allotment is figured on how many Terrains they have on the lot unsold (these days that is rare), the size of the dealer and how many Terrains they have already sold.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My Terrain was built yesterday, 1/20/10. Dealer got the invoice which itemizes a 2/5 delivery to Florida. That's a lot quicker than what I expected after reading a few posts here and on other sites. We'll see.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ordered my SLT2 on December 3rd 2009 and got the call last night, Feb 3rd that it was at the dealers. Picked it up today.
So it was 8 weeks from ordering to delivery for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Moofy, out of curiosity, what part of the country do you live in?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine took 9 weeks.

My understanding of the allotment depends on past sales. However, since the Terrain is new our dealer believed they based the allotment on Envoy sales. If a dealer is allotted 2 terrains and they have 2 on the lot then they cannot order any until they have those sold and are allotted another. When ordering it works similarly. For instance my dealer was allotted 1 Terrain. So they had to wait for the one ordered before mine to be processed which took about a week to place my order. I believe this is how it works. Correct me if I am wrong. I believe if a dealer continually sales a certain vehicle they can be allotted more.

·
Registered
51 Posts
scottyyyc,

I am in Fairfax, Virginia.

The dealer said they had no advanced notice it was coming, that the truck pulled in at closing time and it was onboard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Islander said:
JTrollerb---Just over 11 weeks from order to delivery today at dealer. Should be real soon now.
I second that. Ours was almost 11 weeks to the day.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My dealer said he's got 8 more due in in the next 3-4 weeks. About half are presold and they're delighted to actually have a couple that might be on the lot for a few days.

By the way, got mine yesterday. Put about 60 miles on it since, and I'll be posting a few thoughts later this week. One thing I never noticed was lack of air/heat vents on back of center console...surprised at that. Otherwise, I pretty much knew about the homelink, power passenger seat, etc. from the threads. And the goodies certainly outweigh the expected items. I'll be driving it every day to and from work, about 50 miles total. Look forward to experiencing the road manners. Boy is this car QUIET!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked up mine on Friday~~waited 12 weeks~ ordered in November. So So So worth the wait, but So So So glad the wait is over for us. LUVIT!

1 - 20 of 226 Posts