·
Registered
368 Posts
Garmin OnDemand on iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
TomTom 540TM with lifetime map and traffic updates.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Old but trusty Garmin 245W. I just pay for updated maps every other year and I'm good to go..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am using Navigon on my iPhone. Hook it to the USB on my 12 Terrain and it overrides the audio when instructions come up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone looking for a Vehicle specific Nav system for your Equinox or Terrain? Something to replace the pocket?

And for the Base Model SRX, an 8.1" Screen like the factory one?

I work for DIRECTUS and we make vehicle specific Navigation Solutions for your vehicles. The Equinox and Terrain piece was recently launched in January. Replaces the pop up pocket in the top of the dash with a 6.5" Motorized screen. Works with ignition power as far as going up/down. Has an additional Video input for a DVD player etc. Is a true stand alone system as it comes with it's own speaker too.

Not sure how many posts I have to have to put up a link to photos, it wouldn't let me yesterday.

As far as DIRECTUS goes, we are a newer company to mobile electronics (only 3 years old) and we Won the SEMA award in 2010 for "BEST NEW MOBILE ELECTRONICS" as well as Popular Mechanics Magazine, Editors Choice Awards for SEMA 2011 and 4 SEMA Global Media awards as well.

I wanted to see what actual owners were using and let you guys know what's available for your ride. I will post pics of the unit installed as soon as the forum allows me to.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I use a Garmin unit. It has the lifetime map and traffic updates. It fits nicely in the cubby in front of the gear shifter.
Also nice to have a nav unit that can go with you from vehicle to vehicle.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I use a 7" Blackberry Playbook tablet running Google Maps with Navigation. The 1024x600 resolution IPS display, makes anything else look average at best. At least until someone gets an iPad 3 with the retina display for navigation ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
approx 4 year old TomTom Base model

·
Registered
42 Posts
Garmin 1490T on a sandbag mount on a 2012 Nox. Sits on the lid over the radio/rearview monitor just fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nav came with purchase. Didn't want it since I am totally Garmin entrenched. I still want to give the GM/Bosch system a try, but I suspect a custom mount for my trusty Garmin is coming soon. 200 bucks for an update??? rediculous.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Don B said:
Garmin 855 with sandbag mount.
Same model here. Don - does yours ever lock up ? Mine does once in awhile.

Otherwise - slick GPS - with voice-command input.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts