GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Still researching and saw a thread on another forum like this and was some good reading.

I searched on here for a similar thread but was unable to find one. So what don't you like or what would you change?

It's not meant to be negative but all vehicles have something we don't like about them and it might help future buyers like me

·
Registered
955 Posts
The only thing that would frustrate me--that I had no way to work around--was the turning radius. For the size of the 'Nox, it seemed to take too much space to turn. The Equinox is listed as 18.7 feet turning radius; my Traverse is listed as 19.5 feet and has a 13.9 inch longer wheelbase.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi. Still researching and saw a thread on another forum like this and was some good reading.

I searched on here for a similar thread but was unable to find one. So what don't you like or what would you change?

It's not meant to be negative but all vehicles have something we don't like about them and it might help future buyers like me
Are you interested in feedback from all three generations of the Equinox, or the most current gen3 models?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing that would frustrate me--that I had no way to work around--was the turning radius. For the size of the 'Nox, it seemed to take too much space to turn. The Equinox is listed as 18.7 feet turning radius; my Traverse is listed as 19.5 feet and has a 13.9 inch longer wheelbase.
Is it hard to parallel park?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 72 years old. I literally haven't parallel parked a vehicle since my driver's license exam back in 1963. I think it would be pretty easy, but I have no actual experience with it in doing so.
I just turned 60. My whole last day of drivers Ed was spent with me parallel parking because I couldn't do it back then. Still not the greatest at it

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have an example of a gen2, and a gen3 Equinox; (see my signature below)

The most noticeable difference is the ride quality.

The gen2 suspension is more compliant, translating to a softer ride.

The gen3, especially with the 19" wheel option rides noticeably firmer and the handling seems more precise.

The rear seat on the gen3 no longer moves fore & aft 8" as did the gen2 models.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The gen3, especially with the 19" wheel option rides noticeably firmer and the handling seems more precise.

Can't see signatures on tapatalk and I didn't know the rear use to move like that.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Can't see signatures on tapatalk and I didn't know the rear use to move like that.
2019 Chevy Equinox; 2.0 - LT - FWD - Silver Ice/Redline - Purchased 10/20/2018; Mills Chevrolet, Davenport IA
2016 Chevy Equinox; 3.6 - LTZ-AWD - Black/Black - Purchased 7/7/2016; Mills Chevrolet, Davenport IA
2017 Chevy Malibu; 1.5 - LT - Pepperdust - Purchased 8/2017; Green Chevrolet, East Moline, IL
2009 Chevy Silverado; 5.3 -LT - 4WD - Ext. Cab - Granite Met. - Purchased 02/2009; Green Chevrolet, East Moline IL

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have no issue parallel parking it, especially using the backup camera.

The ride sucks coming out of of our Caddy the 19 Nox rides like a brick, but the driving experience is very satisfying.

The front seats are comfy but could had been a tad wider.

The premium gasoline 2.0 engine recommendation.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The most annoying feature on the gen3 for me is the stop/start system; I want to determine when the engine is to shut down, not the firmware programmed by some electrical engineer at GM.

The new 2021 model Equinox addresses this issue by adding a switch to disable the system. Unfortunately it probably defaults to active/on, and must be depressed after every start to disable stop/start; still a desirable addition for the 2021 model.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2019 Chevy Equinox; 2.0 - LT - FWD - Silver Ice/Redline - Purchased 10/20/2018; Mills Chevrolet, Davenport IA
2016 Chevy Equinox; 3.6 - LTZ-AWD - Black/Black - Purchased 7/7/2016; Mills Chevrolet, Davenport IA
2017 Chevy Malibu; 1.5 - LT - Pepperdust - Purchased 8/2017; Green Chevrolet, East Moline, IL
2009 Chevy Silverado; 5.3 -LT - 4WD - Ext. Cab - Granite Met. - Purchased 02/2009; Green Chevrolet, East Moline IL

Not far from me. I'm in northwest Illinois

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have no issue parallel parking it, especially using the backup camera.

The ride sucks coming out of of our Caddy the 19 Nox rides like a brick, but the driving experience is very satisfying.

The front seats are comfy but could had been a tad wider.

The premium gasoline 2.0 engine recommendation.
Is the ride that harsh or just compared to the caddy? How about compared to similar suv's? I'm well aware it will not ride like my Impala.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The most annoying feature on the gen3 for me is the stop/start system; I want to determine when the engine is to shut down, not the firmware programmed by some electrical engineer at GM.

The new 2021 model Equinox addresses this issue by adding a switch to disable the system. Unfortunately it probably defaults to active/on, and must be depressed after every start to disable stop/start; still a desirable addition for the 2021 model.

Do all gen3's have the stop/start system?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Do all gen3's have the stop/start system?

Yes

As for parallel parking, the birds eye view would be a big help.
I don't think I've had to parallel park since we've owned our 2018.

·
Registered
956 Posts
About the only complaint I can think of is the 2.0 recommends premium.

·
Registered
335 Posts
So what don't you like
My list of complaints is small with the Terrain.
1) Bottom door seals - they keep more mud and dirt on the bottom of the door then they do out
2) Climate controls - when I turn the fan to high from low I want the fan speed to goto high; not wait a few seconds and gradually increase speed
3) I would like heated seats on as an option for the remote start

·
Registered
184 Posts

Wow. My gen2 V6 rides like an apple cart. I can't imagine a firmer ride than that with the gen3.

I have been driving my Dad's 2010 Ford Escape for the past week. His Escape, with 114K miles on it, rides and handles way better than my Equinox ever did even when it was new. So much so that when I get my Equinox back next week (Nox vs. deer) I am going to get something different this Summer. I had planned on keeping it another year, but didn't realize what I have been living with the past 5 years in terms of ride and handling.

The ride on my gen2 improved greatly once I got rid of the OEM Michelin tires and replaced them with Coopers, but the past week in the Escape has been an absolute revelation.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Is the ride that harsh or just compared to the caddy? How about compared to similar suv's? I'm well aware it will not ride like my Impala.

it’s very harsh compared to the last 2 generations or equinox/terrain and pontiac torrent. not much experience with other brands suv’s but it’s harsher than my sisters 2018 ford escape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 132 Posts