GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
equinox2 said:
Each light has its own switch; two lights in back have switch by them and by using the main switch that you control door lights with you can force to turn them all On. The front door light switch overwrites the "off" position of rear switches so they light up when you enter car or use the front switch to turn all lights on, and the back switches overwrite the front or door "off" command position by staying on when you press the individual switch by them.
Thanks for the pictures & reply! Much improved over the 2010 model year which doesn't have that functionality.

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
I don't like the fact that GM was not able to more accurately calculate the Average Miles per Gallon metric in the DIC. Mine is always more optimistic than my actual MPG. Come on GM, I would think that you should accurately know the fuel consumed and also the miles traveled, and I can teach you how to divide - or my wife can since she was a school teacher !

·
Registered
626 Posts
RIT333 said:
I don't like the fact that GM was not able to more accurately calculate the Average Miles per Gallon metric in the DIC.
Yeah, that's a little frustrating. It must not be so straightforward as I have the same problem in my Mazda3. The fuel used must be hard for the computer to determine, based on whatever algorithms are in place. The problem is probably compounded by varying driving conditions within a given trip.

It appears GM adjusted the calculation for 2011, see my comment in this other thread.
http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=725.msg21750#msg21750

·
Registered
125 Posts
RIT333 said:
I don't like the fact that GM was not able to more accurately calculate the Average Miles per Gallon metric in the DIC. Mine is always more optimistic than my actual MPG. Come on GM, I would think that you should accurately know the fuel consumed and also the miles traveled, and I can teach you how to divide - or my wife can since she was a school teacher !
I think it has something to do with how they calculate it. We can accurately calculate when we fill up by seeing how many gallons are added and miles driven. To give real time numbers they either track the fuel level change (which can be very inaccurate if youre on a hill) or they measure the volume of air being used at the intake. I dont see either one being as accurate as what we can do at the gas pump.

That being said, GM has motivation to over estimate. They are in a MPG war, claiming that the Nox gets the best MPG in its class.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Dave25 said:
That being said, GM has motivation to over estimate. They are in a MPG war, claiming that the Nox gets the best MPG in its class.
That is absolutely true, but why overpromise (on the DIC) and underdeliver (at the pump)? People hate that. As I remarked in another thread, it looks like they reversed it for 2011. On a recent 440 mile trip the DIC told me 28.2 and at the pump it turned out to be 29.7. The tank previous to that trip showed 24.6 on the DIC and 26.6 26.9 at the pump, so it's not a case of incompletely filling the tank.

edit: previous tank was 26.9, not 26.6.

·
Registered
125 Posts
mnussbaum said:
That is absolutely true, but why overpromise (on the DIC) and underdeliver (at the pump)? People hate that. As I remarked in another thread, it looks like they reversed it for 2011. On a recent 440 mile trip the DIC told me 28.2 and at the pump it turned out to be 29.7. The tank previous to that trip showed 24.6 on the DIC and 26.6 26.9 at the pump, so it's not a case of incompletely filling the tank.

edit: previous tank was 26.9, not 26.6.
So you are saying that the DIC is under estimating MPG on 2011? maybe they changed their formula to calculating it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yes, that's what it looks like. The DIC reports average mpg about 7% lower than actual.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thats good to know. I was going to check it out but since its my wifes car I doubt Ill get a chance to check it soon.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'd be curious what you find. So far everyone who complained about it has a 2010.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
worring too much about that stupid dic, just get in drive and enjoy the ride.. Hell slamming on the brakes for a squrral on the road might throw off the dic..
For their size these things get pretty good mileage .

·
Registered
332 Posts
ccharlie

Did you test drive the vehicle or one similar prior to purchasing it, or did you buy it sight unseen?

The latter is not something I would do!

·
Registered
626 Posts
ccharlie said:
Fuel efficiency, noisy, hard ride, handling....but the Nox looks good
Huh??? It's the quietest car I've ever been in! It was so quiet that we actually noticed it on the test drive! And the fuel efficiency, ride, and handling are outstanding, especially considering its size. ::)

·
Registered
125 Posts
ccharlie said:
Fuel efficiency, noisy, hard ride, handling....but the Nox looks good
Name something better on 2 of those 4 categories. if it handles then the ride would be hard. If they make it quieter itll weigh more, hence lower fuel efficiency.

moron.

·
Registered
475 Posts
mnussbaum said:
Huh??? It's the quietest car I've ever been in! It was so quiet that we actually noticed it on the test drive! And the fuel efficiency, ride, and handling are outstanding, especially considering its size. ::)
I agree. I am amazed at how quiet the Equinox is. I also don't find the ride harsh at all and I have the 19" wheels!

What I would have liked for GM to include is:

Turn signal indicators on the outside mirrors like the Traverse.
Power passenger seat.
HID headlight option. (I do like the projection lens lights however).
Rear seat heat/cooling outlets.
One touch up on all windows.
Recessed or angled USB plug for the iPod.

These are very minor issues but would have been nice.

·
Registered
137 Posts
A question was asked and I answered it. I got what I paid for which is an inexpensive, fairly nice riding on smooth roads , noisy (as in direct injection) and noisy HP fuel pump which Chevy will not replace. Motor shakes a lot and dealer says it's normal. There are many crossover/small suv's that can get the mpg I get. I have had the Nox for 9 months and 7500 miles and average 20-21 mpg and that is with approx. 20% highway. Any sharp turns and the Nox shudders especially on left turns.
So if anyone happens to be in Naples, Fl. and would like to drive my Nox to see what I am talking about just post here for a test drive.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
Recessed or angled USB plug for the iPod.

These are very minor issues but would have been nice.
Yeah, the USB kinda sticks out there, would be nice if the port was repositioned out of the way. But it is a minor point.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
ccharlie said:
A question was asked and I answered it. I got what I paid for which is an inexpensive, fairly nice riding on smooth roads , noisy (as in direct injection) and noisy HP fuel pump which Chevy will not replace. Motor shakes a lot and dealer says it's normal. There are many crossover/small suv's that can get the mpg I get. I have had the Nox for 9 months and 7500 miles and average 20-21 mpg and that is with approx. 20% highway. Any sharp turns and the Nox shudders especially on left turns.
So if anyone happens to be in Naples, Fl. and would like to drive my Nox to see what I am talking about just post here for a test drive.

You should check to see if FL has a lemon law.

41 - 60 of 428 Posts