GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

421 - 428 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Slimhaven said:
Just a few annoyances like no power with the V6, extremely poor performance. For 260 HP. Dont think you can pull out quickly. Nav system very difficult to read with the white letters on light blue background. A pillars way to big.. I like the Nox but I am seriously considering trading it in for something that has more power.
I know it is to late but 2013 and newer have 3.6L 300+ hp and this engines rocks

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
oldtux said:
6. Raise that darn front air dam so it won't keep grabbing curbs.

Ive noticed that some of the Noxs have a solid bumper...
others have a small air dam up front-- that is separate from the bumper-- sure looks removable. (like my Traverse).

·
Registered
192 Posts
1) With the AUTO AC the stupid AC compressor will cycle on when the FAN is turned on and the AC turned off. When the AUTO system is NOT in AUTO mode the system monitor interior humidity and solar/heat load and will run the compressor to dehumidify the interior. This really sucks when I have the windows down and the fan on low and all of a sudden ice cold air comes out of the vents. Also when the AC compressor runs gas mileage goes down.
I spent an hour at the dealer discussing this with the techs. Found out that there is no way to turn off the “Auto” completely even though the owner’s manual goes into how to use the Climate Control on Manual. It cannot be done. If you turn up the temp to shut the AC from blowing cold air when the AC is turned off, the heat comes on. Very frustrating. The techs said that even though the AC is off, the Auto is on off, the sensors will override everything.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Skiziks said:
I spent an hour at the dealer discussing this with the techs. Found out that there is no way to turn off the “Auto” completely even though the owner’s manual goes into how to use the Climate Control on Manual. It cannot be done. If you turn up the temp to shut the AC from blowing cold air when the AC is turned off, the heat comes on. Very frustrating. The techs said that even though the AC is off, the Auto is on off, the sensors will override everything.
I hate when the cars think they are smarter then humans. Found and fixed the issue. Page 5-33, Auto Defrost, and I quote " When turned on and high humidity is detected, the climate control system may adjust to outside air supply and turn on the Air Conditioner or the heater. The fan speed may slightly increase to help prevent fogging. When high humidity is no longer detected, the system will return to its prior operation". Found that option turned on on my Nox. Duh. Mark that one off my list.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
g-man said:
I hate when the cars think they are smarter then humans. Found and fixed the issue. Page 5-33, Auto Defrost, and I quote " When turned on and high humidity is detected, the climate control system may adjust to outside air supply and turn on the Air Conditioner or the heater. The fan speed may slightly increase to help prevent fogging. When high humidity is no longer detected, the system will return to its prior operation". Found that option turned on on my Nox. Duh. Mark that one off my list.
Sounds like a great feature. Why the heck would you want to disable it other than a hidden desire to be a humid luddite?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like the Equinox very much, that's why I bought one. The only thing I don't like is the way the back looks, they could have come up with some more stylish lights or something, but IMO they could have come up with a better design for the rear. Not a deal breaker though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ralphalph said:
Sounds like a great feature. Why the heck would you want to disable it other than a hidden desire to be a humid luddite?
I like in the mornings driving with the windows open and though it was worthless to have this feature turn the AC on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
New member here, and first post. Just bought a 2014 LTZ crystal red with 4 cylinder engine. Two things I miss most are dual climate controls and a duct for air conditioning for passengers in back seat. Only have a little over 300 miles on it, but so far, so good.

421 - 428 of 428 Posts