GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's another thread running around about what you don't like, so I though we should give the Nox equal time and see what people do like about their Equinox. Here's a few of my likes...things that made the car stand out and caused you to buy it instead of something else.

• it's quiet!
  • comfortable
  • USB/iPod integration
  • interior quality
  • movable, reclining rear seats
  • backup camera
  • good looking
  • highway gas mileage
  • OnStar
  • driver information center
  • I could go on and on... :D

Anybody else?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving morning!

Exterior styling

Interior styling

XM radio

Driver information center

Rear seat legroom

Gas mileage while still having good performance

Solid feel

Good handling in any weather

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have to agree with Noobnox that both the interior and exterior styling is what I like the most.
Particularly the center dash layout.
I also like the ambient blue interior lighting.

·
Registered
332 Posts
GFab said:
I have to agree with Noobnox that both the interior and exterior styling is what I like the most.
Particularly the center dash layout.
I also like the ambient blue interior lighting.
X2

And the other items Noobnox mentioned, including bluetooth and steering wheel controls. And while some people say the Pioneer system isn't the best, I think it's extremely good sounding especially with the iPod source. Crisp highs, clean mids and decent bass from the 8" sub. If you wanted more bass you would need at least a 12" with more power feeding it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I like that the childlocks for the rear door can be engaged or disengaged via a button on the dash. The lock buttons on the dash are fine. The doors lock automatically when the car is driven for a few seconds and opened when in park. You can also pull on the interior handles 2 times and the doors unlock. I have a Saturn LS1 that had the window buttons on the center console. I got used to it after a short while. It's tough when I go back and forth from the Nox to the Saturn

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the bluetooth is a great feature! I've got it figured out how to use my blackberry's voice control through the system (push the phone button, say "bluetooth--voice").

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like the bluetooth integration with my phone. So much nicer than my old system of using a corded earpiece. ;D

I like the heated seats too. I wish there was a way to get them to activate with a remote start though.

The lift-gate is also great. My old car had a hatchback that had loose seals in the pistons that kept it up. Not only
did I have to open it, I had to hold it open. A big difference now with the auto open and close. :p

·
Registered
297 Posts
stratoform said:
I like the heated seats too. I wish there was a way to get them to activate with a remote start though.
Remote Start Auto Heat Seats

When on, this feature will turn the
heated seats on when using remote
start on cold days.

Press the MENU/SELECT knob
when “Remote Start Auto Heat
Seats” is highlighted to toggle
between “On” or “Off.” Press
<-- BACK to confirm the selection
and go back to the last menu.

·
Registered
297 Posts
When it is cold outside, the heated
seats can be programmed to turn
on automatically during a remote
vehicle start. The heated seats will
be canceled when the ignition is
turned on. Press the heated seat
button to use the heated seats after
the vehicle is started.

The heated seat button lights will
not turn on during a remote start.
The temperature of an unoccupied
seat may be reduced

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stratoform said:
My old car had a hatchback that had loose seals in the pistons that kept it up. Not only did I have to open it, I had to hold it open.
I used to have an '87 Acura Integra hatchback. After about 6 or 7 years those pistons went bad and I used a shortened broomstick to prop it up! ;D

·
Registered
332 Posts
I quite sure that after market gas lift pistons are around $20-$50 for most vehicles. To me that's worth it to correct the PITA of holding open a hatch.

·
Registered
52 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
Remote Start Auto Heat Seats

When on, this feature will turn the
heated seats on when using remote
start on cold days.

Press the MENU/SELECT knob
when “Remote Start Auto Heat
Seats” is highlighted to toggle
between “On” or “Off.” Press
<-- BACK to confirm the selection
and go back to the last menu.
Thanks Crow. I'll have to try this.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The Onstar and bluetooth is very cool. I don't see me keeping the Onstar though, its too much money and we don't drive enough to justify the cost. I wish it was $200 for as long as I owned it not $200. a year

·
Registered
125 Posts
I really like the leg room. All other "compact" crossovers are designed for people smaller than me (6'4").

I really like the price for a fully loaded model.

The MPG was what sold my wife on the 'Nox.

I like that you can watch DVDs on the Nav screen. The picture is VERY clear.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, the sliding rear seat was a big selling point for me. We just got back from a weekend trip, and will all the crap we had to take ;D it was nice being able to slide it forward most of the way to accommodate it all.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It seems it's easier to complain about what one doesn't like than say what one does...the "don't like" thread is a full 5 pages! ;D

Anyway, a couple more likes, gleaned from today's drive. :) These are so simple, so low-tech...
- the sun visors slide 6" or so, VERY useful when the sun is on your left
- the steering wheel is comfortable when resting your hands on its face, at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions
- the config button let me change the remote unlock so that all 4 doors unlock when hitting the unlock button once

·
Registered
5 Posts
mnussbaum said:
Yeah, the bluetooth is a great feature! I've got it figured out how to use my blackberry's voice control through the system (push the phone button, say "bluetooth--voice").
I was curious how to make it recognize voice dial. Does this also enable the vehicle to see the assigned name also (instead of just displaying the phone number)? Of course, my wife is the primary driver, so her phone is #1 in the list. Mine is #2. Even when not using voice dial, her's shows the name associated with the phone book. Mine never shows the name. I'm thinking it has something with NOT being in the #1 spot.

Anyhow, things I love...

1. Wife likes it.
2. Spacious and comfortable, even on a big guy.
3. Good gas mileage.
4. Bluetooth connectivity.
5. Exterior styling.
6. Stock LS wheels. Call me crazy, but I like them better than the 19" stock wheels that come on the LTZ.
7. Rear reclining seats.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With my Blackberry it always displays the assigned name on the screen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts