GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owning a 2010 im curious as to what they have done... the pictures ive looked up look the same unless im just seeing old ones which are mistakenly labeled as being 2011.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
As I recall, for the most part, the only easily visable chages are two new colors (I think replacing 2 old colors), and the "big" mechanical change is the V6 can run on E85, although, with the pricing structure of E85 versus regular gas ("E10"), I doubt anyone will exercise the new capability.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Yep, that's pretty much it...I just looked at the 2011 pdf. usually any "changes" between the first model year and the next are actually fixes for things that weren't quite right. GM pretty much hit one out of the park with the Equinox/Terrain/SRX so they really don't need to change much to reel buyers in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
NoobNox said:
Yep, that's pretty much it...I just looked at the 2011 pdf. usually any "changes" between the first model year and the next are actually fixes for things that weren't quite right. GM pretty much hit one out of the park with the Equinox/Terrain/SRX so they really don't need to change much to reel buyers in.
Noobox:

Can you direct me to the PDF you referred to above?

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 2011 Terrain has a new rearview mirror and new mirror bracket. The bracket lowers the mirror about 1/2" so it is no longer resting on the ceiling interior. Also the mirror has been upgraded with the addition of a cancelation button in case you accidentally press the OnStar or Emergency Response button {at least that is what the salesperson told me until I read the manual}.

EDIT:
After reading the manual the newly added button (on far left) performs two functions:
1. To turn off auto-dimming feature of the mirror

OR

2. To turn off the rear vision camera (only for those w/o navigation)

Per the manual those having navigation will not have the newly added button.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
mdh4psu said:
The 2011 Terrain has a new rearview mirror and new mirror bracket. The bracket lowers the mirror about 1/2" so it is no longer resting on the ceiling interior. Also the mirror has been upgraded with the addition of a cancelation button in case you accidentally press the OnStar or Emergency Response button.
Really? Id hate for our mirror to be lower. It already blocks my view but its due to how tall I am. Kind of like the jelly bean for the Camaro. Blocks way too much of my view.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The 2011 has folding side mirrors. I don't think the 2010 models had them.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
DavidPJ said:
The 2011 has folding side mirrors. I don't think the 2010 models had them.
Wrong - all 2010's had them.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hmm, I remember reading that the 2010s didn't have the folding mirrors. Guess what I read was wrong!

·
Registered
119 Posts
DavidPJ said:
Hmm, I remember reading that the 2010s didn't have the folding mirrors. Guess what I read was wrong!
Electronically or manually?

·
Registered
119 Posts
quantumbyte said:
I'm pretty sure my 2010 folds in manually

·
Registered
749 Posts
I don't know if anyone posted this already but the rear passenger dome light has separate switches for each light. You don't have to turn them all on now.

·
Registered
297 Posts
kuppyr said:
I'm pretty sure my 2010 folds in manually
Yep, the 2010's fold manually....both ways actually, just in case you hit your mirror on something while backing up.

G

·
The backup park assist no longer has the flashing LED in the back.
On my 2011 I would have prefered to disable the beeping noise and istead see the flashing LED.

G

·
Flex Fuel...what a joke!

Wish GM would have saved the money on this feature and instead gave us something else like Auto Up/Down driver window, homelink button..even a change compartment for chr$st sakes.

Why would GM be promoting an alternative fuel that:
1. cost way more per liter/gallon
2. Gets about 70% the driving range as gas (and don't forget it also cost more per liter/gallon in the first place).
3. Typically comes from a food source.....duh, when you have millions of starving and thirsty people in this world how dare you consume extra land resources, fresh water and food so you can sleep better at night knowing you pumped a little less pollution out your tail pipe...shame on you, shame on GM for promoting this! And don't forget...it takes tonnes of petroleum product anyway to fertilize, harvest and transport ethanal anyways!

Oh, and also shame on our governments for falsely creating this environmentalism, global warming hype that is making organizations like GM jump on the bandwagon and provide a flex fuel addition to be politically correct...further enabling the public to perpetuate this madness.

Environets just don't get it!

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
mmarges said:
Flex Fuel...what a joke!

Wish GM would have saved the money on this feature and instead gave us something else like Auto Up/Down driver window, homelink button..even a change compartment for chr$st sakes.

Why would GM be promoting an alternative fuel that:
1. cost way more per liter/gallon
2. Gets about 70% the driving range as gas (and don't forget it also cost more per liter/gallon in the first place).
3. Typically comes from a food source.....duh, when you have millions of starving and thirsty people in this world how dare you consume extra land resources, fresh water and food so you can sleep better at night knowing you pumped a little less pollution out your tail pipe...shame on you, shame on GM for promoting this! And don't forget...it takes tonnes of petroleum product anyway to fertilize, harvest and transport ethanal anyways!

Oh, and also shame on our governments for falsely creating this environmentalism, global warming hype that is making organizations like GM jump on the bandwagon and provide a flex fuel addition to be politically correct...further enabling the public to perpetuate this madness.

Environets just don't get it!
I agree 100% with this one. One would think that the contradictions should be obvious.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
mmarges said:
Flex Fuel...what a joke!
As I understand it, EPA "gas" mileage is measured on Miles that you can travel on each gallon of gas that you burn. SO, even though you are getting less mile per gallon of fuel consumed, you are getting about 4-5 times more miles per gallon of gasoline consumed. I think this is a loophole that car manufacturers have figured out, and if it is still measured that way, then it should be changed. This allows manufacturers to more easily make their MPG bogeys. IS this still true ?

G

·
Are you referring to a technicality about the amount a miles traveled per 1 gallon of fuel but only calculating in the portion of which is "Gasoline".

I don't think the government standards are tied to only the portion on fuel that is gasoline content because in most regular gas 10 or 15% is ethonal already. Also the new electric cars coming out have a miles/gal equivalent rating too, so they're calculating in the portion of mileage attained with electricity.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts