GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been able to figure out what the little vent like things are to the left and right of the power lift gate switch and map lights that're overhead in front of the rear view mirror?
I can't remember feeling any air come out of there but maybe just wasn't paying attention?
Noticed them again today while shuffling cars around in the garage and driveway.
May have to do it again to shovel all this dang snow for the second time today.
:(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep... Microphone for OnStar/Blutooth as well as one of the temperature sensors for the automatic climate control.

Cheers

·
Registered
93 Posts
gearhead said:
Anyone been able to figure out what the little vent like things are to the left and right of the power lift gate switch and map lights that're overhead in front of the rear view mirror?
Not sure what GM terminology is but it looks like the upper ambient temperature sensor inlet. My 1991 car has them also, along with an aspirator motor to draw the air in. The Auto A/C uses it and the other sensors located in cabin to mix the air output at the correct temperature.

KJ

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent, thanks for the quick responses!
8)
Now I can sleep tonight.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
:)
Maybe we'll luck out and get a snow day off tomorrow?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I thought I read somewhere they were for the mic for Onstar....didn't know about the temp sensor, though.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts