GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I just ordered a set of 20" black rims with a polished lip and some low profile tires... hopefully the larger rims will take away from the large gap above the rear tires below the fender. Also im going to be tinting my front windows alittle darker.

·
Registered
365 Posts
HID kits for the lows and fog lights
High/low mod (lows stay on with the high beams)
LED puddle lights under the doors
LED accent lights for the interior
Speaker upgrade
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air Horn
Chrome mesh grill
That should keep ya busy ;D

·
Registered
441 Posts
larger rims do not get rid of wheel gap.....

me?
hids in the fogs
philips xtreme power as my hi/lo
led strips for puddle lights
color match my rear chrome on the lift gate
air horn definately, i miss my old one
8" sub enclosure probably 200watts pushing it, i might just buy the pioneer enclosure though, dunno yet
upgrade steering wheel with volume controls
my wheels wont get done till my current tires wear out, which wont be for about 30-40k....
flowmaster 40 delta flow
maybe an intake, dunno, 190 is kinda steep for the weapon r

·
Registered
207 Posts
gar187er said:
flowmaster 40 delta flow
That is what I will do, well as soon as I get a Terrain so I can.

How about droping in a VW TDI 2.0L 140hp, 236 lbs-ft. torque, 16V DOHC in-line four-cylinder turbocharged clean diesel engine.
Or just adding a Tubro to the I4.

Just need to win the loto to do the last 2

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Although the actual gap will be slightly reduced tire size going from 235/55r18 to 255/45r20 i ment that the larger and more noticable rims will draw some attention away from the gap. I will post pics when i get them in and we can see. Also would people just replace the stock horn with a nautlis air horn or would you have both. Only thing i can think that would be bad about that is when you push the lock button twice that would be quite a loud reminder.

·
Registered
441 Posts
replace it totally.....no reason to keep it, unless your adding a different toned horn so your get a nice sounding setup....but a single horn is more then enough....

i had that in my mazda3 :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
gar187er said:
replace it totally.....no reason to keep it, unless your adding a different toned horn so your get a nice sounding setup....but a single horn is more then enough....

i had that in my mazda3 :)
That must have waken people up :eek:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Nothing major, I actually like the stock wheels so those will stay...I need to get a rubberized mat for the cargo area, and maybe some for the front footwells.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
NoobNox said:
Nothing major, I actually like the stock wheels so those will stay...I need to get a rubberized mat for the cargo area, and maybe some for the front footwells.
You say you need mats? I got the weathertech ones in black to go with my brownstone interior and i love them. I just recently ordered the cargo mat for the back. They fit nice and i'm sure you'd be happy with them. Just food for thought....

Cheers, [/color]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tail light -covers but it looks like it will be awhile as it doesn't seem they are making them or I have yet to come across them for the Terrain.
grille insert
weathertech matts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
fireman591 said:
High/low mod (lows stay on with the high beams)
LED accent lights for the interior
The lows do stay on with the highs. The only thing that kicks off are the fogs if you have them on IIRC.

Also, on the SLT Terrains they have more accent lighting than the SLEs. The only Nox with the accent lighting is the LTZ.

·
Registered
365 Posts
bballr4567 said:
The lows do stay on with the highs. The only thing that kicks off are the fogs if you have them on IIRC.

Also, on the SLT Terrains they have more accent lighting than the SLEs. The only Nox with the accent lighting is the LTZ.
AWESOME!!!!!!!! I hate when the lows turn off. I had to do the high low mod to the Vue and vette. Maybe I will call it the low/fog mod LOL ;D

·
Registered
977 Posts
rdanielle said:
Tail light -covers but it looks like it will be awhile as it doesn't seem they are making them or I have yet to come across them for the Terrain.
grille insert
weathertech matts
I like the slotted covers. Had then on my VUE. Not sure how they would look on my Nox.

G

·
rdanielle said:
grille insert
weathertech matts

·
Registered
468 Posts
2010BlkGraniteNox said:
Those are nice, smoked covers like that should only be on black cars, and the clear taillights on silver cars. It wont help rdanielle though because they have a terrain.

Right now I have one major mod planned and its going to cost alot of $$$.
SRX Headlights on the Nox. I have an idea of how it can be done and hopefully the SRX hood can be a direct replacement for the Nox, except for where the headlights are.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Wow - that is ambitious. Better stock up on Bondo !

·
Registered
468 Posts
Your telling me! I hope to get it done fairly soon, just waiting on some extra $. In the mean time I am trying to figure out if I can mount the SRX OEM hood and front bumper to the Nox without and major work.

G

·
cottonseed said:
Those are nice, smoked covers like that should only be on black cars, and the clear taillights on silver cars. It wont help rdanielle though because they have a terrain.

Right now I have one major mod planned and its going to cost alot of $$$.
SRX Headlights on the Nox. I have an idea of how it can be done and hopefully the SRX hood can be a direct replacement for the Nox, except for where the headlights are.
I would NEVER use covers, Film or Paint is the only way to smoke your tail lights imo. I do not believe they make covers (nor did I think they still made covers for cars after the 80's :))

1 - 20 of 45 Posts