GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Terrain SLT. I notice that my front passenger floor is staying wet. If anyone knows a fix to this problem, please let me know. I'm calling the dealership today to see if they have a fix to this. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am going to guess that you have a sun roof.
Our nox had water leaking inside because the runroof drain was plugged.
Check your glove box too. There was water in there too.
Take to dealership, they will unclog the drain and silicone around the area so that it does not spill over.
easy fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hambone said:
I have a 2011 Terrain SLT. I notice that my front passenger floor is staying wet. If anyone knows a fix to this problem, please let me know. I'm calling the dealership today to see if they have a fix to this. Thanks

I had the same issue. front passenger floor board was wet after rain or car wash. Was lucky that dealer did a water test, saw water coming in under carpet. determined that the sunroof drain tubes on that side had not been connected during manufature. They attached them , dried the carpet and all is well. your's was probably built by the same person mine was.

good luck

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Has your concern been resolved? Please keep me posted on your progress with the dealer. Feel free to contact me with any other questions. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All. I recently bought a 2010 equinox and noticed the same issue. I removed the passenger kicker panel, and a rubber panel insert. When I placed my hand behind it was wet, a slight puddle. With water here I ruled out the heater core. Has anyone resolved this issue? Where can this water be coming from. Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Could be the front windshield seal failing as I had similar issue with a Chevy impala and my ford ranger. Try a water hose on the outside to test. Do you have a sun roof? Chances are the windshield was replaced previously by the former owner or dealer.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
nmunoz said:
Hello All. I recently bought a 2010 equinox and noticed the same issue. I removed the passenger kicker panel, and a rubber panel insert. When I placed my hand behind it was wet, a slight puddle. With water here I ruled out the heater core. Has anyone resolved this issue? Where can this water be coming from. Thanks
Several on this forum have reported issues with the A/C drain hose getting plugged, and then the condensate water backing up the hose and eventually flowing into the passenger compartment. Worth a look/see. Try "search" if you don't know how to do this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is my solution, my floor would get sopping wet after rains and snow on the passenger floor. What I did to fix it was a pulled the kick panel off and noticed that water would fill that cavity, so I drilled 3 holes so that the water would drain to the outside of the vehicle. I may have put a plug or something in so the water does not go into the passenger compartment. This completely fixed the problem. No more wet floor and no more condensation on the inside of windows

1 - 8 of 8 Posts