GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the day yesterday with the wife checking out the Terrains. Sales man gave us the keys to a black 2011 SLE-2 4 cyl and said take it for a ride. We both spent about 20 minutes behind the wheel. We both came away pretty impressed. Ride and handling were great. MPG's during our drive ended up at 24.4, not bad. The seats were very comfortable. It was quieter on the inside than I expected but not quite as quiet as our 07 LaCrosse we are trading in. My only minor negative comment is about the inital take off from a dead stop, it seemed a little sluggish from 0 to 5-10 mph, after that it felt fine...

Now for the rest of the story... They didn't have one on the lot equipped the way we wanted, but that have an inbound unit just the way we want it. They showed me a paper that showed the Terrain was at event 4200 (shipped) on the 18th. They expect it to be here later this week. We went ahead and did the deal, traded in the Buick, did all the paper work and emptied out our trade in. They kept the Buick and put us in a 2010 Malibu loaner until the Terrain gets here.

The one we bought is a white SLE-2, 18 in. wheels, black interior, cargo package, and convenience package (heated seats) I really like the ideal of heated cloth seats...
MSRP was $27,710 and with my GMS pricing, GM card money, and the $1,500 from Ally we got it for $25k plus tax...

Now all we need is the vehicle. Anyone know how long it takes to get it from the plant to middle Tennessee???

In the mean time we'll drive their Malibu, which is a very nice car...

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
LS3Vette said:
Spent the day yesterday with the wife checking out the Terrains. Sales man gave us the keys to a black 2011 SLE-2 4 cyl and said take it for a ride. We both spent about 20 minutes behind the wheel. We both came away pretty impressed. Ride and handling were great. MPG's during our drive ended up at 24.4, not bad. The seats were very comfortable. It was quieter on the inside than I expected but not quite as quiet as our 07 LaCrosse we are trading in. My only minor negative comment is about the inital take off from a dead stop, it seemed a little sluggish from 0 to 5-10 mph, after that it felt fine...

Now for the rest of the story... They didn't have one on the lot equipped the way we wanted, but that have an inbound unit just the way we want it. They showed me a paper that showed the Terrain was at event 4200 (shipped) on the 18th. They expect it to be here later this week. We went ahead and did the deal, traded in the Buick, did all the paper work and emptied out our trade in. They kept the Buick and put us in a 2010 Malibu loaner until the Terrain gets here.

The one we bought is a white SLE-2, 18 in. wheels, black interior, cargo package, and convenience package (heated seats) I really like the ideal of heated cloth seats...
MSRP was $27,710 and with my GMS pricing, GM card money, and the $1,500 from Ally we got it for $25k plus tax...

Now all we need is the vehicle. Anyone know how long it takes to get it from the plant to middle Tennessee???

In the mean time we'll drive their Malibu, which is a very nice car...
sounds like a great deal, you get to drive theirs untill yours comes in???

·
Registered
144 Posts
Our Nox was shipped on a Monday and arrived on the Wednesday the following week. The shipping times will vary slightly. Weather can play a role in that. My Nox sat on a truck for 2 days before the truck rolled. Only went 95 miles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fourmoremarine said:
sounds like a great deal, you get to drive theirs untill yours comes in???
Yep, they gave me a 2010 Malibu to use until the Terrain comes in....

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Sounds like delivery's are getting better.
We couldn't wait 2 to 3 months so we bought the demo. ;D
It had every conceivable option available (a few we will never use--rear DVD players and trailer hitch) and got $2000 off sticker. Are they still selling for sticker or are there deals now?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Nice!! Congrats!! :)

M

·
0 Posts
I imagine that if they're even giving you their vehicle to drive until yours comes in that it must already be in transit and will infact arrive as they say.

·
Registered
125 Posts
LS3Vette said:

Congrats on your new purchase. What year is your vette?

How did you get GMS pricing AND use Gm card money? No dealer would let me do both. Even when you call the GM card people they say that it cant be used with GMS (GM supplier discount). Not like I had a lot that could be used, but every dollar counts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dave25 said:

How did you get GMS pricing AND use Gm card money? No dealer would let me do both. Even when you call the GM card people they say that it cant be used with GMS (GM supplier discount). Not like I had a lot that could be used, but every dollar counts.
Why couldn't you just go on line and get the cash from your card. Every time mine gets up to a few hundred I op for the cash.

·
Registered
482 Posts
With the GM card there is about 4 versions. One is for business I believe and the other 3 are for consumers, the GM extended family one can be used with GMS, the other 2 cannot (thats if I read the rules correctly)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave25 said:

Thanks, can't wait to get it.... The vette is an 08 in Jet Stream Blue.

I have the original GM family card, you can use it on GMS deals.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Awesome on the 08. I really want an LS3 vette. I miss my LS1 camaro.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
We love the heated cloth seats in ours. It seriously is one of the reasons we bought the Terrain. No super searing hot seats in the summer and no freezing cold seats in the winter until they heat up.

Congrats on the purchase. White was our second color choice but with the 2010s it was a little bit of a darker white. The 2011 white is very crisp and it would be VERY hard to not choose it had we got an '11.

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
bballr4567 said:
We love the heated cloth seats in ours. It seriously is one of the reasons we bought the Terrain. No super searing hot seats in the summer and no freezing cold seats in the winter until they heat up.
This is my first car with leather, and I haven't noticed the summer/winter inconveniences that you describe. Maybe I have more insulation in my butt that you - Ha ! Actually I am of slim build - if I do say so myself !

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm the exact same as RIT333. I think the perferated leather helps keep the seats cooler, and I have a BLACK/BLACK SLT-2 Terrain.

The first time I turned on the heated seat, I thought how did I ever live without them. ;D

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Im a hot natured guy. Even with the cloth seats I will get out of the car and my back will be sweaty during the winter and the temp set at like 68.

Its one of the reasons I love my G8 so much. Dual zone system. Mine stays at 67 when I get the car up to temp, the wife likes to keep hers at 76-78.

Plus, it really matters where you live. We are planning on moving back to either TN or TX after I graduate school and leather is just not something I want to deal with for 6-8 months of summer. Until youve felt the heat in Texas, you just dont know how uncomfortable leather seats are, perforated or not.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
You're right. Lived in Temple for 5 years. Couldn't get use to water shiing at Christmas. Had to come back to the 4 seasons. Love snow. ;D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The dealer called a few minutes ago, the Terrain is at the rail yard in Nashville. It should be on tomorrow's truck to the dealer... We should have it later t/m... Can't wait...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Niceee, just in time for the Holidays congrats and post some pics of it so we can see. What powertrain did you choose and other specs??

LS3Vette said:
The dealer called a few minutes ago, the Terrain is at the rail yard in Nashville. It should be on tomorrow's truck to the dealer... We should have it later t/m... Can't wait...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Come on Solrak69, you haven't seen a Terrain before?........just kidding.

It's like baby pictures, we all have them and like to show them off. I think most of us in the snowy north would like to see a Terrain in sunshine and 70* weather. You do have all that right? LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts