GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
LenNJ said:
Picked up my 2014 Terrain SLE-2 this past Thursday night. Absolutely love it. Drives sooooooo quiet and a bit more pep in acceleration than my previous 2011 Equinoz.
Different engine ?

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
Picked up our 2014 Equinox 2LT AWD in White Diamond Tricoat last Wednesday and so far we really like it. Coming from a 2010 VW TDI Sportwagon we are still dealing with the "really" big difference in MPG but the Nox is more comfortable and lets us old folks get in and out a lot easier than the VW. Haven't owned a GM vehicle since the late seventies, and it looks like they have come a long ways. :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rit said:
Different engine ?
Same 4 cy engine but has a bit more pep. It was evident on the test drive when I pulled out of the dealer. Plus the vehicle itself is much quieter. Very little back ground noise when using bluetooth.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie too. We just purchased a 2014 Terrain SLT1 fwd today with the 3.6 engine, 18" chrome wheels, sunroof, & navigation with IntelliLink. I was extremely happy with the deal we got. I used $1000 GM Card points to lessen the pain out the door. I test drove a 2.4 4 cyl Terrain a month ago and just didn't feel good about it. I also drove an Equinox LT2 4 cyl, and decided to forget the 4 cyl. They drove fine, but the 3.6 made a world of difference. I looked at the new Nissan Rogue (didn't like the cvt trans or clunky radio), the Jeep Cherokee ( 9 sp transmission scared me away), Honda CRV (cracker box styling), and Toyota Highlander (way too pricey). Toyota RAV4 wasn't even a consideration. I wanted remote start and the Japanese SUVs I listed didn't include remote start in any option package, and it was a $500 add on - dealer installed in most cases. We're looking forward to our first trip in the new Terrain! :cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody. I am ne w on here also.I recently purchased a 2013 terrain -v-6 Front wheel drive 3.6 SLT.I really like it. I have noticed one problem though.It has sterring shudder or vibration ,felt through the steering wheel combined with a moan type noise.Noticed mostly when the vechicle is stationary and the steering wheel is turned. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has a problem with this

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Is your wheel turned to the full left/right position ? That will often cause shudder.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re:

sassygirl, what is the build date of your Terrain? There's a TSB for shuddering steering, but depends on when your Terrain was built. Do a search in this forum for shuddering steering. You'll find all you'll need to know. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello folks. New to the forum. We just bought a 2010 AWD v6 Terrain to replace my wife's POS 07 Compass.
The Terrain looks great sitting beside my 08 Sierra crew cab. 8)

We've only had it since last Thur but so far love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all!

Introducing myself... Michael and Korolina from Sacramento, just picked up a certified 2011 Terrain SLT with the 2.4L. This is my wife's car, I drive a 2011 WRX. Excited to see what this vehicle will do for us, and also what we can do to her to keep her happy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings from Texas all..
I just bought a 2014 Terrain 2.4 Champagne, about a month ago- Havent driven much about 450 miles, we are retired ..lol , presumably will be using this vehicle to travel. Looks this this forum is great & informative..
Best wishes to all Terrain & Eq owners out there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,
New forum member from Rochester, NY. Just purchased 2014 SLT AWD V6 for my wife and took delivery yesterday, July 3rd. Traded an '08 Torrent AWD. Very impressed with Terrain. Huge improvements all around from previous gen Equinox / Torrent. Looking forward to enjoying the forum.

Mike

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
icantdrive55 said:
Hi All,
New forum member from Rochester, NY. Just purchased 2014 SLT AWD V6 for my wife and took delivery yesterday, July 3rd. Traded an '08 Torrent AWD. Very impressed with Terrain. Huge improvements all around from previous gen Equinox / Torrent. Looking forward to enjoying the forum.

Mike
Welcome aboard - I went to college in Oswego, and my nickname is Rit, but not related to "your" RIT !

·
Registered
3 Posts
I join the boards for all my cars and glad you guys have this. We picked up a 2014 Terrain SLT, 4 cylinder, AWD at the end of 2014 and so far my wife loves it, ALMOST as much as the Edge we got new in 2008 I think it was.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Got my 2011 Terrain back in August or September 2014 and I've been lurking for a while and finally signed up the other day. My previous (and only other) car was a 2004 Scion xA that I got as soon as I could drive and have had it for 11 years but my wife got pregnant so it was time to upgrade to something bigger that doesn't scrape on everything lol.

We both fell in love with the Terrain and jumped on this one immediately when we were just window shopping >.<

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my second Terrain. Bought SLE1 in 2011 and drove it for 2years. Really loved it, but wanted more bells and whistles. Traded it in 2013 for new Buick Encore. Fun little SUV, but the key word was LITTLE. I went back to the Terrain in November, a 2014 SLE 2. I miss my remote start my Buick had, but so glad to be back in the Terrain!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re:

Oh really, Charlesy?! I'm interested! Please post more details!!

101 - 120 of 137 Posts