GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Thanks Terra-Nox!! you too from CT huh? very ironic....i see that you have a Merlot Terrain....one just "appeared" in our neighborhood and I've been stalking it!!! LOL....actually followed the person to see where they lived so I could chat about it if I had the opportunity!!! how funny would that be if it were YOU!!!

thanks...I will relay to my other half....

glad you think it's a nice ride!!! can't wait!! getting antsy!! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi. I am new to the forum. My husband and I recently bought a 2011 Terrain in cyber gray. Mostly loving it, not thrilled with gas mileage but trying not to overreact. This forum is a great resource and I have enjoyed seeing how people help each other out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
I'm at a loss where to post this question. I've been looking at the SRX. I can't fing any cupholders in the rear seats. There must be some back there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Stopping in to say hi. Picked up a '11 Terrain SLE I4 FWD in Carbon Black. Adjusting to the I4, but overall it'll work. No regrets so far, very happy with the purchase. Replaced my old but trusty 4runner, but was time to let her go.

Been cross shopping from all sizes of sedans and midsized SUVs and I honestly don't know how I discovered the Terrain. The overall size/utility and the mpg estimates got my attention. I was leaning towards a midsized sedan, but when I discovered the Terrain should get the same mpg as the sedans. I went to test drive one and purchased the next day.

Looking forward to picking up some great info here...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi there
My wife and I just bought a 2011 Terrain SLT2 in the Espresso Brown.........we love it. I guess I'll have to change my user name we had a 2007 Equinox...lol. So greetings from Canada and we hope to post some pics soon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Hi, I'm in the process of trading in my 05 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4X2 for a 2011 GMC Terrain SLE-2 FWD I4. (probably a red one)
I can't wait to get the Terrain and start learning more about it on this forum. I was on a Pathfinder forum and learned a lot about that vehicle. The Nissan was not very dependable for me and only averaged around 15 MPG around town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
pawjr74 said:
Hi, I'm in the process of trading in my 05 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4X2 for a 2011 GMC Terrain SLE-2 FWD I4. (probably a red one)
I can't wait to get the Terrain and start learning more about it on this forum. I was on a Pathfinder forum and learned a lot about that vehicle. The Nissan was not very dependable for me and only averaged around 15 MPG around town.
I hope that all goes well with your purchase. The 2011 GMC Terrain FWD with the 2.4L, 4 cylinder engine and the automatic 6 speed transmission can get up to 22 MPG city, 32 MPG highway, and 26 combined. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,121 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
I hope that all goes well with your purchase. The 2011 GMC Terrain FWD with the 2.4L, 4 cylinder engine and the automatic 6 speed transmission can get up to 22 MPG city, 32 MPG highway, and 26 combined. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
I love the use of "up to" these days. It is used in many places, and the reader never (or rarely) sees it. Reading it literally, I guess we can NEVER get more than 32 miles per gallon on the highway, and if we get 1 mpg highway, we cannot complain.

Sorry Tricia, I am NOT picking on you, just that the use of "up to" is one of my pet peeves these days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Just an introduction to say hi, new member. Picking up our new 2011 SLT-2 (Espresso / Brownstone) tomorrow night so 24hrs away from being a Terrain owner. Had enough of the Chrysler 300 being traded in and time to park another GM in the garage beside the old Vette.

Greg from Ontario Canada (and no, no where near Toronto!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Hey gang!


New to the forum. Super excited to be signing the papers tonight for my 2011 Terrain SLE-2 FWD V6.


Have a 01 Impala and 08 F150. So the F150 has got to go. I'm tired of filling the 135L gas tank on it every 2-4 days haha. So I will definitely not complain about the mileage on the Terrain.


Cant wait to add some tasteful mods to the new ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,121 Posts
dolfan06 said:
new to the forum, looking at a terrain and an escape. wanted to get some feedback on how you guys like your terrain!
'10 Equinox - love it - no problems for me whatsoever.

Keep your eyes open for a '12 Denali Terrain - sounds awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
I was also looking at both the Terrain and the escape...almost did get the escape..

Only reason I switched to the Terrain is I really like the body style AND The escape has had the same style for along time, which when I was looking, they were talking of a whole new designed Escape, which I think is coming in 2012..( I have seen some concept designs and I dont like it)..wasnt too thrilled of having a car that hadnt really changed in along time...

ONly thing is I wish I had gotten the v6 engine..If you have the cash, get the Terrain with the V6!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
dolfan06 said:
new to the forum, looking at a terrain and an escape. wanted to get some feedback on how you guys like your terrain!
I would recommend the GMC Terrain over the Ford Escape. The 2011 Terrain gets an EPA est. fuel economy of 32 MPG highway whereas the 2011 Escape 28 MPG highway. The Terrain also has the 5 year/100,000 mile Powertrain/Drivetrain Limited Warranty while the Escape offers a 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty. You can get more comparison information at http://www.gmc.com/tools/comparator/compareVehicle.do?modelYear=2011&makeName=13&modelID=20662&selectedTrim=327212&year=2011&pvc=6200&comparisonVehicles=323365~327212~329942&sValue=&snType=model. Good Luck with your purchase!

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
I would recommend the GMC Terrain over the Ford Escape. The 2011 Terrain gets an EPA est. fuel economy of 32 MPG highway whereas the 2011 Escape 28 MPG highway. The Terrain also has the 5 year/100,000 mile Powertrain/Drivetrain Limited Warranty while the Escape offers a 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty. You can get more comparison information at http://www.gmc.com/tools/comparator/compareVehicle.do?modelYear=2011&makeName=13&modelID=20662&selectedTrim=327212&year=2011&pvc=6200&comparisonVehicles=323365~327212~329942&sValue=&snType=model. Good Luck with your purchase!

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
No offense, but show me a Nox or Terrain that gets EPA est. fuel economy of 32 MPG highway. Mine is no where close and we drive very conservative.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,121 Posts
tsduke said:
No offense, but show me a Nox or Terrain that gets EPA est. fuel economy of 32 MPG highway. Mine is no where close and we drive very conservative.
I don't have the data - but are other cars achieving the EPA ratings under the new testing procedure ? My neighbor's Cruze doesn't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
My mothers 2010 LaCrosse 3.6 does not, but she does get much close to advertised them I do with my 2.4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,121 Posts
tsduke said:
My mothers 2010 LaCrosse 3.6 does not, but she does get much close to advertised them I do with my 2.4.
Highway, I do about 29.5-30 with 4/FWD. That's calculated. DIC says about 31+.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Terrain I-4 AWD average MPG....19-21 in ECO mode..
 
41 - 60 of 137 Posts
Top