GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Welcome to TerrainForum.net!

Hi ther! I purchased my SLT-2 Terrain in Sept 2009. I am completly in love with it!
Glad to be a member.

MonicsTerrain

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Everyone..

This is the first forum ive ever joined haha. My love for my Terrain inspired me. I got the SLE-2 in white and it looks pretty pimpin. Im gunna darken the tint just a bit on the front windows and put some black 18s on to replace the stock ones. Its such a sick car only the wait for it to come was pretty unbearable.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hello everyone,

I've been posting here for a few weeks so I thought it was about time to introduce myself. We ordered a SLT-1 Terrain last week to replace my wife's Lexus RX330, which is about to hit 100K miles. We both really like the Terrain, but my wife really loves it! She can't wait to replace her RX330. This is my first GM vehicle since 1984 (Chevy Celebrity), and my wife's never owned one.

Earlier I replaced a Lexus GS300 with a new 2009 Ford Escape Limited. I like the Escape, but there's no comparison to my wife's Terrain. I'm jealous and if the Terrain works out, I may just replace my Escape with another Terrain or GMC product.

Great forum and look forward to on-going Terrain discussions!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've been on this forum for about a month and learned a ton about the Terrain. I found our Terrain in Henderson, Colorado, 800 miles from our home in Iowa. We looked all over the country for a Carbon black metallic V6, AWD , non-gps, tow package, electric tail gate, titanium leather interior before we found one. We picked our Terrain up on July 19th and have already put 3300 miles on it, 2000 miles towing our 1800 lbs Scamp travel trailer. We couldn't be more pleased with all aspects of our Terrain and THIS FORUM. What a great place to learn and discuss these SUV's, thanks to the forum owners for providing such a great place to meet other owners and learn about our Terrains! Ron

·
Registered
137 Posts
Actually you should have called this forum " The Equinox , SRX, and Terrain Forum" for obvious reasons.
Just my 2 cents worth. 8)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
ccharlie said:
Actually you should have called this forum " The Equinox , SRX, and Terrain Forum" for obvious reasons.
Just my 2 cents worth. 8)
LOL, well Terrain posts and visitor still outweigh Equinox posts by a TON! Not exactly sure why (based on sales)...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The good news, under the skin they are practically identical, so most topics apply to both equally.

·
Registered
63 Posts
New to forum

Hello! New to the forum! I just ordered my 2011 Terrain! This will be my 4th GMC. I sold my 2007 Xterra after I saw the new Terrain. I purchased the Xterra because I really didn't like the Envoy. Something about that particular vehicle that was not appealing to me. I ordered the SLT-2/AWD/V-6/Mocha steel metallic/titanium interior/navigation. I figure I can add other items later on. I am VERY excited and can not wait to pick it up! I put my Xterra in the paper and didn't expect it to sell so fast, however, I am glad it did. I still have 3-4 weeks before my T is delivered. I've read everything I could get my hands on about the SUV. This is a great site!
One thing I found out, if you order the dvd players, they are FLO TV ready. The FLO TV tuner install will cost in the range of $300-500. If you want to add the rear entertainment, do it when you order, otherwise they will not be able to install it once it is in for build. The headrest sets are around $2500 if you want them installed by GMC afterwards. I found my local car electronics installer can purchase and install the dvd players (matching headrest style) for around $1450. So look around before making a decision on this feature.
Thanks for all the great information on here!
1995 Vandura 2500
1999 Sierra 1500 SLT
2003 Yukon SLT

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi ALL....
Just purchased my 2011 Terrain Sat 9/25/10 and traded in my 2008 Equinox Sport Awd ..
looks like lots of info on forum..have to get busy reading..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all!

We are in the market for a new smaller SUV because my wife is pregnant and her Mitsubishi Eclipse will not do. After looking through a lot of designs and ratings, we decided on the Accadia. The problem was that the prices were just too high for what we wanted (fully loaded). Not long after we saw a magazine ad for the Terrain and she loved the more aggressive SUV-type look and I loved the price. ;D The reviews and ratings were great just like the Accadia and it offered all of the options that we liked (power tailgate, remote start, parking sensors, nav, etc) but for a lesser price. It also gets much better gas mileage. We are probably going to get a 2010 SLT-2.

She is not due until June so we have a little while to look around but plan on getting serious around March. Until then, I will just lurk around and wait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too am new to this forum and have just bought a 2011 Terrain, Onyx Black SLE-2, I 4, with light titanium interior, 18'' aluminums, heated seats, upgraded sound system, remote start and roof racks. Traded my 07 Ram 1500 Quad cab 4x4 and 2010 Cobalt as the wife and I are downsizing. Anyone interested 2010 Jayflight 24' travel trailer :) let me now. Pick up the new toy tomorrow afternoon and can not wait. Just like a kid at Christmas time. Must continue reading... ;)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
hello.. hopefully I will be purchasing a 2011 AWD SLE2 with convenience package and 18" wheels tomorrow...I have been shopping for a couple months now and waiting on the dealer to let me know when it arrives..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just purchased a 2011 Terrain on New Years Eve. Unfortunately, dealer didn't have my specific model and color in stock, but has located the one I want in another dealership. He is in the process of doing a swap with that dealership, so I should have the car by Saturday.

I bought the 2011 SLT-1 package. 4 cylinder/AWD
Onyx black/Jet black Leather
Sunroof/Liftgate/Pioneer audio with Nav/Cargo package/18" wheels.

I am really excited as this is my first crossover as well as my first American made vehicle. I can't wait to get behind the vehicle! Too bad I did not have it during last weeks nasty blizzard.

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know each one of you guys. I have already noticed how resourceful your discussions in this forum can be through the broad topic coverage. Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
GmenC said:
I have just purchased a 2011 Terrain on New Years Eve. Unfortunately, dealer didn't have my specific model and color in stock, but has located the one I want in another dealership. He is in the process of doing a swap with that dealership, so I should have the car by Saturday.

I bought the 2011 SLT-1 package. 4 cylinder/AWD
Onyx black/Jet black Leather
Sunroof/Liftgate/Pioneer audio with Nav/Cargo package/18" wheels.

I am really excited as this is my first crossover as well as my first American made vehicle. I can't wait to get behind the vehicle! Too bad I did not have it during last weeks nasty blizzard.

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know each one of you guys. I have already noticed how resourceful your discussions in this forum can be through the broad topic coverage. Thanks.
so, how do you like it? got any pics?

·
Registered
2 Posts
New GMC Terrain owner - purch low mileage 4 cyl. fully loaded SLT with Nav., AWD, trailer hitch & chrome package, the Blue with Titanium/Black interior. Loving the legroom front & rear, feels like the Magnum I owned for several years (just not as much power), and the great MPG, averaging 22-24mpg (traded in a 08 Dakota 4.7 V8 Crew Cab truck averaging 14-15mpg). So far the 4 cyl seems OK, even with 4 in it & I figure if I want to Race I have a summer time Hot Rod Ford Trck (1967) with built 390FE. However I will be looking to see if any aftermarket goodies available to maybe help it a little bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey there....just joined the forum today....pretty excited about it too!! Days away from receiving my 2011 AWD SLT2 Terrain!!! I have never owned a "truck"....i call it a truck because I have been driving a Jetta for the past 8 years so this is going to be a BIG change for me!!

A little bit about me: Born and raised in CT, I'm a Military Wife and proud of it, love sports, traveling, camping in our 5th wheel, NASCAR, all kinds of music but i'm a Country Girl at heart and my 2 Boston Terriers are my Fur Kidz!!

Very excited to be here and learn and chat and meet new peeps!! ;D

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome ATG, We are also from CT (still here to). We just picked up 2011 AWD SLT a couple days ago, it is a nice ride.

And thanks to the other half for their service.

21 - 40 of 137 Posts