GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

361 - 368 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a 2018 Terrain which we totalled in an accident, not our fault and with the insurance now have a 2018 Equinox with 20,000 to replace it. Just love driving it and seems like a really nice car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there everybody -- been lurking on this forum for a number of years now; figured it was time to formally register. I have a healthy obsession with the Nox, so here's what's in/ has been in my garage in the past seven or so years:

1. 2014 Equinox 2LT 3.6L V6 (sold)
2. 2015 Equinox 1LT 2.4L (sold)
3. 2017 Equinox 1LT 2.4L (current)
4. 2020 Equinox 1LT 1.5L (current)

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
Ok kippis, how about a little ranking and likes and dislikes of your vehicles. This may help people that are making a purchase decision.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok kippis, how about a little ranking and likes and dislikes of your vehicles. This may help people that are making a purchase decision.
Fair enough!

I must confess, I'm picking up the 2020 tonight and letting go of the 2014 at the same time, so I can't give any specifics on the new guy just yet. Happy to do a follow up on it...I can say it's in the new Chocolate Metallic color. Made me hungry. Lol

My current favorite will always be the 3.6L V6. Lots of power and a smooth, comfortable ride. The 2014 has been my daily driver to/ from work, with mostly highway driving and a 85 mile round-trip distance. I tacked on average 20K miles a year in this car, and it is a beast. Never experienced any mechanical issues in the six years I've owned it; with regular maintenance, I've only had to replace two sets of tires, break pads, and rotors. Probably a smattering of recalls in there somewhere, but nothing to write home about. It also had footwell courtesy lights and ambient lighting. I don't know why, but those were a nice bonus for a klutz like me. All around, it is just a great car to drive.

My wife uses the 2017 as her daily driver. I think the 2.4L variants are good "around-town" vehicles, but definitely lacking in performance on the highway, at least in my experience. Mechanically it's holding up very well. I do like the updated exterior styling, and the LED DRLs/ fog lamp combo are a nice touch. Otherwise, the mid-cycle refresh was nearly identical to the 2013-15 in terms of interior style and options, with a mild exterior refinement. Was also kind of bummed that it ditched the CD player, but I'm one of the few weirdos that still popped in a disc every now and again.

For the 2nd Gen Nox, the 2016-17 design is my favorite.

I won't say much about the 2015 Nox as it was mostly the same as the '14, minus the 3.6L V6 and a couple extra bells and whistles.

2020 opinion soon to come!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say that I love this forum. Keep up the good work. On January me and the wife bought a 2020 Eqinox premier and so far we love the car, is more the wife’s car lol and she loves it, she already got used to the engine shutdown at the lights lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just purchased my first ever Chevy product and it's a used 2020 Equinox Premier AWD 2.0L with about 10,000 miles on it and pretty much every option. I'm getting a bit too old to be crawling under a dolly to install and remove safety chains or to install and remove the wheel straps for towing a car behind a motorhome, especially in inclement weather. My first project will be to install all of the components and systems needed to dinghy tow the Equinox.

This actually is the first SUV I've owned since I bought my very first brand new vehicle, a 1979 International Harvester Scout II 4WD with auto-locking hubs and the Eddie Bauer interior. I kind of wish I still had that vehicle because they're worth a lot more today than I paid for it. :) Unfortunately, it also was a real rust bucket.

So far, all of four days, it's a very nice car. I wish the OnStar remote functionality was more in-depth because I'm used to seeing more of the vehicle status: Doors open/closed, doors locked/unlocked, trunk/hatch open/closed, engine running or not, remote start a lot more times than just twice, etc. so I'll have to decide whether to keep the OnStar expense when the trial ends. I'll really miss the ability to start the car remotely more than twice. When I traveled for work in the winter I could start my car in NE Ohio where the overnight temps at the airport were zero or lower to help keep the battery up.

But I'll survive. :)

Glad to be here!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the largest forum on the web dedicated to the all new Chevy Equinox! Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

admin
My 2010 Equinox has terrible gas mileage-but it still looks great.
I can actually see the gas needle going down as I drive for any duration.
Any options to correct ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2010 Equinox has terrible gas mileage-but it still looks great.
I can actually see the gas needle going down as I drive for any duration.
Any options to correct ?
Can you add any details such as engine size and what the MPG is calculating as? If you really can see the needle moving it sounds like the fuel is getting pumped out somewhere when under pressure.

Have you checked the usual suspects such as the air filter and ducting to the air filter? I had my hybrid at the dealer for an oil change and they mentioned the air filter was dirty but did not offer to change it. I thought "Air filter? I've got 49,000 miles on this thing and I can't remember it ever being changed." So I looked at the filter and "plugged with layers of dirt, leaves and twigs" was a more accurate description.

I changed the filter and it fixed a mileage problem I had. The car usually got 42 - 44 MPG but had drifted down to the low 30's. It's now back in the 40's. Duh.

361 - 368 of 368 Posts