GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

321 - 340 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
New here. Negotiating with dealership regarding a 2018 Premier 2.0T. They want my 2014 Malibu 2.0T for their used car inventory. I'm willing to sell it at my price, but not willing to "give" it to them. Many of the features of the Equinox seem very similar to my Malibu--dimensions, engine, etc. I've been very pleased with the Malibu as far as service and performance; hoping that carries over to the Equinox platform. Looking forward to participating in the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oil Consumption Issues with Equinox

Anyone thinking of buying an Equinox, be sure to check out www.carcomplaints.com. I own a 2012 Chevy Equinox and while I love the styling and interior of this car, it has been a pain in the rear with an oil consumption problem, and GM knows this is a major issue for this vehicle, but makes owners jump through ridiculous hoops in order to get the repair (replacing piston rings). Do your research! A nice car is only nice if it's reliable, and this one is not a good choice if you want reliability. Check out how many owners are having problems with oil consumption issues, and some even have had to have their engines replaced they were so damaged from running with low or no oil. No warning lights ever go off. You only know you have a problem when you hear the strange fluttering/rattling noise. And sometimes it's too late then. Major problems... I've been a loyal GM customer for 30 years and have 3 GM vehicles in my drive now, but my experience with GM on this vehicle have caused me to never want another GM vehicle as long as I live. They know there is a major defect here, but try their best to not have to fix it if they can get by without doing it. Shame on you, GM!

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
Anyone thinking of buying an Equinox, be sure to check out www.carcomplaints.com. I own a 2012 Chevy Equinox and while I love the styling and interior of this car, it has been a pain in the rear with an oil consumption problem, and GM knows this is a major issue for this vehicle, but makes owners jump through ridiculous hoops in order to get the repair (replacing piston rings). Do your research! A nice car is only nice if it's reliable, and this one is not a good choice if you want reliability. Check out how many owners are having problems with oil consumption issues, and some even have had to have their engines replaced they were so damaged from running with low or no oil. No warning lights ever go off. You only know you have a problem when you hear the strange fluttering/rattling noise. And sometimes it's too late then. Major problems... I've been a loyal GM customer for 30 years and have 3 GM vehicles in my drive now, but my experience with GM on this vehicle have caused me to never want another GM vehicle as long as I live. They know there is a major defect here, but try their best to not have to fix it if they can get by without doing it. Shame on you, GM!
Wow, very interesting info. We'll have to keep this in mind going forward. Great for pointing this out to forum members.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
958 Posts
New here. Negotiating with dealership regarding a 2018 Premier 2.0T. They want my 2014 Malibu 2.0T for their used car inventory. I'm willing to sell it at my price, but not willing to "give" it to them. Many of the features of the Equinox seem very similar to my Malibu--dimensions, engine, etc. I've been very pleased with the Malibu as far as service and performance; hoping that carries over to the Equinox platform. Looking forward to participating in the forum.
Finalized the transaction on the 2018 Premier 2.0T. Am very pleased with the fit/finish and performance of the vehicle. It is on par with the Malibu that we traded.

·
Registered
76 Posts
New Equinox for a week, coming from a Cruze. So far very satisfied, enjoy the drive, quiet, visibility, seating position, AWD and FAST 2.0T

·
Registered
958 Posts
I considered the AWD because we frequently visit Utah. However, the majority of our driving with it will be here in Texas and I could justify the additional expense (initial and operating) so we have the FWD version. We came from a 2014 Malibu with the 2.0 Turbo--essentially same engine--and we were very pleased with performance and mileage. Equinox platform has same wheelbase and track dimensions, and appears to be same platform as our Malibu. Comforts of the Premier are excellent. Gradually working through the process of getting all the settings personalized. I'll post pictures when I get it washed; I haven't felt like getting out in the chilly Texas weather to do it until today. :smile: (Winter comes to Texas about three times each year; fortunately it only lasts about a week, at most!)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Finally got some weather that allowed hand washing the new Equinox. I always like doing that as soon as I can after taking delivery. In this case, it was delayed by colder temps than I like to experience with wet hands and feet. Since the car was traded between dealers, I knew I had a least two minor rock chips on the hood for the dealer to repair. Washing and drying gave me an excellent opportunity to give it the proverbial once-over! Only found one other chip--also on the hood. Getting them repaired on Wednesday morning--dealer's touch-up guy will handle it.
IMG_4638.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ours could be in snow 5 months! AWD a must... Our Cruze was RED so wanted color change and really love the brandy interior. This had all options we wanted, dealer transferred also.

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
I would have preferred the brandy interior. Had similar interior in our Diamond White Malibu, but discovered that my wife really didn't care for it; she tolerated it because the car had all the other features we wanted and it was easier to put up with it than give up something else. Personally, I love the contrast with the shades of brown/black in the interior.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello EquinoxForum.Net!!!!!!

Hi y'all.
I purchased a 2014 Equinox 2LT V6 AWD and Tow package with 59,000 miles on it about two weeks ago. My wife will drive it mainly, as to replace a worn-out 2003 Odyssey. I fitted it with WeatherTech All-weather floor mats and cargo liner to help protect in from kids messes and everyday use.
I've driven the Nox a few times and really like it. My wife lets me know that she is very pleased to have it. :)
I plan on installing/revamping a few exterior things, but mechanically I want to keep it stock. I'm very familiar to GM products and own an older 1995 two-door V8 4x4 Tahoe that I tinker with often.
Thanks ADMIN and community for all the great info I have already received.
PS pics to come soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I'm glad to be here.
I have a new 2018 Equinox LT AWD 2.0L
I'm hoping to find some tips and tricks for my new Equinox and maybe some simple mods.
Also willing to share my knowledge where and if it applies.

Happy trails!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Owner 2018 LT AWD

I went on vacation to see my parents and while I was there I drove their 2010 Equinox and loved it. 2 hours after my plane touched down at home I was buying a brand new Orange 2018 LT AWD.
Love it so far.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good morning! Back in 2011 I used to own the 2011 LT AWD. It had the rattling problem + poor mpg.
Then I switched to Ford CMax Hybrid which I drove for 3 years. Which had a terrible infotainment, which made me go for a Lemon Law lawsuit.
Then I had 2015 Jetta 1.8 TSI SE, which was a terrific sedan with awesome dynamics, ride quality and fuel economy.
An then yesterday I traded it in for a 2018 Equinox Premiere 1.5 AWD without options in black and brandy.
My 1st impressions are very good. What a difference as compared to the Jetta. I love so many things about the 'Nox. After a transition process (mental transition) I will probably like everything about it.

·
Registered
958 Posts
tidji--Welcome to the forum! Lots of useful information in the threads here---and lots of knowledgeable people who are willing to share their experience and knowledge. Personally, the tech applications of the '18 'Nox were (and continue to be) a challenge for me to grasp and apply. However, they are great features; thoroughly enjoy the vehicle--it's ride, performance, fit/finish, and performance. Again, welcome to the forum!:smile:

321 - 340 of 368 Posts