GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the largest forum on the web dedicated to the all new Chevy Equinox! Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

admin

·
Registered
89 Posts
2010 LT2 Equinox Black with Brownstone, NAV, purchased 5-1-10
Live in Los Angeles area, very happy with EQ, just installed a Curt hitch for my bike rack,
I have learned so much from this forum, thanks for doing this!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hello there! I'm so glad to be a part of this awesome forum. All the members here have definately kept me going while I was waiting for my 'Nox to arrive. There's alot of knowledge floating around on here and it's nice to be able to soak it all in and be able to feel welcome voicing your opinions and sharing your thoughts and excitement on this beautiful vehicle!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am so grateful to find a forum for Equinox owners! :) I ordered mine Dec. 8 and received it the day before Valentine's Day. I have a 2010 Mocha Steel Equinox 2LT with Brownstone Leather and DVDs. It's very nice looking and well-appointed. I had transmission problems by May 12 and it's been in the shop since then. Basically 7 weeks. :( I am hoping to find out if others have this problem and what happened for them.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Whats was the problem with your transmission ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
About a month in to the driving I contacted Chev and told them I thought something was odd about the shifting. They said if there were no warning lights not to bring it in because there was nothing they would be able to tell about it. Basically after some time, I got someone to look at it and they decided that gears were slipping in reverse, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th gears. When they removed the transaxle and disassembled it they found that the snap ring was improperly installed and had become dislodged. By this time filings had gone through the complete transmission. They tried to order parts, but they had to come from Korea and when they arrived they were the wrong ones. Then they realized it would be ridiculous to patch it together since the vehicle is brand new so they ordered a whole new transmission - thus the 7 weeks in the shop.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was so glad to find this forum when I was going through the factor order process. I found out more information here than anywhere else. Getting the site information to track my 'Nox was invaluable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Glad this site exists! Very fun and full of info!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greetings all! Just picked mine up on Saturday. She's a Silver with Black/Titanium and I just love her.

Being a big guy, I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to fit (I'm 6'10", 410lbs). However, I was most pleasantly surprised that I fit quite well!!

I have a very short list of beefs with the vehicle (getting my wallet out is a bit of a pain, I've adapted to the seatbelt receiver's position, the door rests when you open the door won't keep it propped open like on most vehicles, and the right side blind spot. I have no issues with longer vehicles in the blind spot, as they'll either be visible in the side view or over the shoulder (yes, I do know about the "new" mirror adjustments, but I spend too much time in traffic to utilize this method). I'm going to pick up a simple convex at the auto parts store either today or tomorrow, so that will be fixed.

I love the stereo setup (non-gps), love the station choices, and love being able to make/take calls via the bluetooth.

I am definitely a very happy 'Nox owner. =-D

O

·
0 Posts
2006 LT Owner. Not until I joined this forum did I know the Equinox I own is considered to be one the "1st Generations" of Equinoxes. It has been a really great vehicle for me other a few upgrades I would like to get done I would recommend a Equinox for anyone seeking a smaller SUV.

·
Registered
62 Posts
jls1958 said:
why is 2011 ford escape being advertised on Gm based web site?.............just asking?
Because it's just a Google ads. Has nothing to do with the GM cars, but it's smart enough to know that it's about cars.

Now it's the Jeep, tomorrow could be any other car ad.

But you're right, it's weird :-[.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All right here I am.

As of two days ago, I am the new owner of a 2011 Equinox LT. This would actually be the first new vehicle I have ever purchsed in my nearly 30 years of driving. I am replacing my 1969 Mustang that I used as a daily driver for the past 26 years and now need something a bit more family freindly. My other vehicle is a 1966 IH Scout so this whole new car purchase has been an adventure for me. It any case, I am pleased with my purchase choice and look forward to learning a bit more about my new vehicle on this forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
635 Posts
.Quote... My other vehicle is a 1966 IH Scout so this whole new car purchase has been an adventure for me.

I drove an International pickup about the same vintage on a farm I worked on when I was 16. The steering was so bad you had to keep spinning the steering wheel back and forth 180 degrees to use up the slack to turn vehicle! Was a real arm workout! You brought back memories. ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roesterman said:
The steering was so bad you had to keep spinning the steering wheel back and forth 180 degrees to use up the slack to turn vehicle!
I know very well what you mean since my Scout does that too. I keep thinking someday I will do something about that, but alas...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome new members, we're glad you found us! Just a note on Ford/Jeep ads - Google ads uses targetted keywords to place ads on websites. Whatever the topic is about, it'll place ads based on the keywords found on that page. If the page is a discussion on a dead battery, you might see an ad for new batteries from Sears. What that means is, Ford and Jeep are buying adspace for keywords such as "Chevy, Equinox, GMC and Terrain". Who cares though! If you want to make Ford pay for our Chevy Forum, click on their ad link ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all on this forum....I am new to the forum as well as the Equinox. I have been researching this size SUV for several months and all though I have not been much of a GM fan in the past, I was interested in the Nox, after reading so many positive reviews about them. After test driving one and after GM offered the incentive package, we had the dealer find us a 2011 2LT Mocha with brownstone/black leather and sunroof. So far, we really like this new Chevy. I have looked it over pretty well and it sure seems to be built better than I expected. Of course, only time will tell, but I think we will be satisfied with our choice in this car. We really like the audio/music options that we have with this vehicle and the comfort level is really nice for a car in this price range. I have learned a few tips already on this forum and look forward to finding out more about our new car. Thanks again for the great forum!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from the Great White North.

Received our 2011 Equinox LTZ, AWD, 2.4, Mocha Steel w/ brownstone/black leather, sunroof, 18 inch tires. All going well, except in weather below -25C, a "AWD needs servicing" warning comes on. Heater is sure good plus heated seats and mirrors are nice.

Interesting thing I found was pricing out vehicle on Cdn and US website. Ours showed $6,000 less in the US, even with the dollars being so close.
Preparing for a trip from Saskatchewan to just North of Vancouver, BC in just over a weeK.

Thanks to all for their input and experiences.

"BEST of the SEASON" to everyone, in the event I don't get back on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just want to say hello. We ordered a 2011 Equinox in October and are anticipating delivery within a week or so. Can't wait to get the vehicle and look forward to talking with you guys......

1 - 20 of 368 Posts