GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased this product for my 2017 Cadillac XT5. 15 minutes to install - - and does exactly what it claims to do.

I had a question for the owner and Steve responded to me when I called him on the phone (nice fellow!).

Go for it and say goodbye to that asinine engine shutdown. Especially now with the hot summer just around the bend!

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Go for it and say goodbye to that asinine engine shutdown. Especially now with the hot summer just around the bend!
I thought “the hot summer” makes it *less likely* to engage (because the AC is running), no?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought “the hot summer” makes it *less likely* to engage (because the AC is running), no?
No.

We purchased this car in West Palm Beach, FL. The on-and-ff in hot weather was annoying, to say the least. Went back to the dealer and consulted several mechanic friends. None had a "fix." Later learned that the Caddy dealer was flooded with complaints about this "feature."

Now, back at my Philadelphia, PA office, I was ****-bent on trading the car; all due to this start-and-stop foolishness. When I read about Steve's product on this website, I decided to give it a shot.

And it works perfectly as I described in my initial post.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
To me, it is amazing what some people will consider an annoyance bad enough to trade in a car. Guess I am more easy-going than some.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Does it interfere with the remote starting ?
I'm using the Range AS eliminator in my Traverse. Works great and no remote starting issues. Like auto stop wasn't even there.
I'll 2x the original poster that on a 90 + day in the sun the engine stopping and the compressor stopping is very noticeable especially when just getting in and trying to cool down interior after being parked in the sun.

Reactions: Colt Hero
1 - 7 of 7 Posts