GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone...

First, I'll start by saying that there are many things that I love about my Equinox. In fact, it's been great! However, since we drive it quite a bit, I'm now out of my warranty. I'm currently around 38k and issues are starting to occur.

Quite a few miles ago, before the warranty was out, I took it to the dealership for rough start up. It would be rough, almost feeling like it was going to die, but after about a minute, it would be totally fine. The dealer updated some codes and it was good-to-go.

Now, a few weeks ago, I went to shut it off at my family's house. Instead of shutting off "cleanly", it rattled on for a few seconds. It did this two or three times, but hasn't done it since then. I believe the next week, I was pulling up to a stop sign and the "Service Stabilitrak" warning came on. At the same time, while sitting there, it was running a bit rough. Again, it hasn't done that since then. Over this past weekend, I was sitting in a store parking lot and once again, it starting running rough, almost feeling like it would die. Tonight, once getting home from work, I noticed it running rough when I was parking, but no warning lights. So, I put it in park, lightly pressed the gas with the door opened. It almost sounded like it needed cleared out, or had a miss.

I've filled up with gas more than once, but these things always happen. I am due for an oil change, but can't imagine this being caused by it. Especially since they've been going on for a few weeks.

Now that the holidays are over, I'm looking to get it checked out, plus get an oil change/tire rotation.

ANY IDEAS on what the issue may be?

Thanks,
Shawn

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT
Black Granite Metallic

·
Registered
194 Posts
Isn't your powertrain still covered to 100,000 miles? Take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I do have the 100,000 mile PowerTrain Warranty, but wasn't sure it would be covered. I wasn't sure if it would be electrical, or what, but I'm assuming that it is. I actually found someone posting about it on another site. They didn't have a fix posted yet, but someone replied with the same exact issue. That issue is exactly what I'm experiencing now...

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sounds like Dieseling. I had a Buick that used to do it. Dieseling or engine run-on is a condition that can occur in spark plug, gasoline powered internal combustion engines, whereby the engine keeps running for a short period after being turned off, due to fuel igniting without a spark.

The injectors and high-pressure fuel pump immediately cease supplying fuel to the cylinders when the ignition is switched off. If the injector is damaged or malfunctioning, a small amount of fuel can enter the chamber and be ignited, causing a sputter after the engine is switched off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'll probably just take it in and hope that I can keep both arms and legs...haha!

Shawn

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, everyone!

I took my Equinox to a dealership yesterday to get the issues investigated. Plus, I needed an oil change and tire rotation. To make a long story short, they found two updated codes, which they applied. They also found that the High Pressure Fuel Pump Assembly was bad, which led to me oil being contaminated with fuel. They fix those up for me and did so "under warranty".

It seems to have made quite a difference, too. I'm pretty happy about it.

Thanks,
Shawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts