GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a phone call, the Terrain is in! That officially makes it 12 weeks to the day. Ordered December [edit] 17th, Built Feb 23rd, delivered today, March 11th (Calgary, Canada). 2 and 1/2 weeks to deliver across the country - not too shabby...

I go in to sign the papers today, hopefully taking delivery this weekend!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part of me wants a nice sunny day, part of me wants a snowstorm. But hey, it's Calgary, there's only 2 seasons - winter and stampede week.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
scottyyyc said:
Just got a phone call, the Terrain is in! That officially makes it 12 weeks to the day. Ordered December [edit] 17th, Built Feb 23rd, delivered today, March 11th (Calgary, Canada). 2 and 1/2 weeks to deliver across the country - not too shabby...

I go in to sign the papers today, hopefully taking delivery this weekend!
Congrats, scottyyyc!
If you sign the papers today there's a good chance you can take it home tomorrow!
8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats! Now if only I could get mine... ordered December 4th, scheduled to be built April 12th with delivery who knows when after that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congrats SCOTTYYYC and Happy Safe Motoring!

·
Registered
277 Posts
You're the man Scotty!! You and Nitti been hanging around here a long time...waiting and watching like I did. Worth the wait as you'll soon know!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well... FINALLY took delivery yesterday evening... The delivery process was fairly smooth, ironically compared to a totally buggered up delivery on my last Honda and Hyundai... Someone backed into my Civic an hour before I got to the dealership, and the salesperson spilt crazy-glue all over the bumper of my wife's Hyundai... Don't ask.

I only test drove the 6/AWD, so I had apprehensions about buying the 2.4, but did based on the rave reviews and fuel economy. Let me say - foot in mouth for ever bad-mouthing the Ecotec 2.4! What a smooth engine, dare I say, smoother than most Honda's I've driven in recent years. I was floored by the amount of low-range torque it has. It felt like it had just as much low-end torque as the 6! I could definitely feel the effects of the ECO mode though; not so much in how quickly it shifts, but how it mellows the peddle a fair amount. I still got used to it quickly, and all was good. The V6 was good, and the 2.4 is simply outstanding, especially considering it's a 4 cylinder in a fairly heavy vehicle.

The iPod controls still seem to be missing a tad bit of polish. Everything works fine, but it displays songs and artists in menus where it shouldn't. No biggy, and it might just be my unfamiliarity with the product.

Impressed by everything, and everyone I've shown it to says 'huh, this is a GM?'.

I'd like to thank everyone again for all their help in making my purchase... Now, I'm going to give it a good claying...

·
Registered
53 Posts
scottyyyc said:
The iPod controls still seem to be missing a tad bit of polish. Everything works fine, but it displays songs and artists in menus where it shouldn't. No biggy, and it might just be my unfamiliarity with the product.
Which iPod are you using? I'm still hoping that my iPod Classic 160GB will display the tracks in the albums in non-alpha order. Won't know til i try though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm using an iPhone 3G. I've only had a few hours of time to mess around with it, but it does look like it displays albums in alpha-order. What other order would you want - alphabetic makes the most sense?

·
Registered
53 Posts
scottyyyc said:
I'm using an iPhone 3G. I've only had a few hours of time to mess around with it, but it does look like it displays albums in alpha-order. What other order would you want - alphabetic makes the most sense?
I think I wrote it the wrong way, sorry. What I meant was that I hear the tracks in albums were displaying in alpha order, not by track listing. Some iPod's do it, and some don't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts