GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posted this in the "all theda" section of the forum, but thought I'd put it here too...

We just got our 2020 Terrain and one of the first items I hunted for was these side window vent visors, and wanted the Weathertech brand. I have them on my '19 Canyon Denali and love them. But the website said they were unavailable yet last week, and I don't want the AVS/Lund ones because of the bad reviews. Went to the Weathertech website tonight and looked, THEY NOW HAVE THEM!! :smile_big: They are part number 82942 for front and rear set. $99.95

https://www.weathertech.com/gmc/2020...ow-deflectors/

Cant wait to get them!

-Dan

·
Registered
236 Posts
I wonder why the front ones don't have adhesive strips, but the rear windows do? Wider window channel for the rear windows?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm still amazed that these are still not available for the Gen3 Equinox, but are available for the Terrain.

I have the GM in channel for my 2019 Equinox; although functional, they are not near the quality of the WeatherTech brand visors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wanted the Weathertech but they weren't available yet, so I got the AVS. Took a while to figure out how to install them correctly, the instructions are not very clear, they are really very poor. Once I got them installed right, they are just fine. Would I buy them again??? NOT A CHANCE!!!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
Wanted the Weathertech but they weren't available yet, so I got the AVS. Took a while to figure out how to install them correctly, the instructions are not very clear, they are really very poor. Once I got them installed right, they are just fine. Would I buy them again??? NOT A CHANCE!!!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
I agree that the WeatherTech visors are made better; the edges aren't ragged and they are optically distortion free. They also appear to be more flexible and less prone to fracture/cracking.

I also agree about the installation of the GM/Lund visors; Prior to the install, the window channel must be prepped. The included Scotch Brite pad is used to scuff the bonding surface and alcohol wipes are provided to clean the surfaces.

I used a putty knife in conjunction with the pad to assist prepping the channel, and also using the putty knife wrapped with a cloth and using a bottle of alcohol to assure the surfaces were clean. I found the supplied alcohol pads to be insufficient.

I found that it's important to carefully position the visors prior to raising the window. I used some old gift cards in the window track as a guide tool to assure that the glass slides by the visor when first raising it with the visor in place. This prevents the glass from possibly hitting the visor and breaking it when initially raising the glass.

As soon as the window is closed, I remove the card/tool from the window track. After the tape bond is cured, they recommend 72 hours with the window closed, the window won't interfere with the visor.

Another critical note to proper installation is that the end of the visors, where they meet the B pillar: They don't go in the window channel, but the tab is inserted in between the plastic outer trim piece of the B pillar and the window channel. This tab doesn't have tape applied to it. The tape is only applied to the flanges of the visor that go into the window channel.

I'm pleased with the look and fit, but the old WeatherTech brand visors I've used on other vehicles seemed to have been finished a little nicer. The GM/Lund visors are just a little rough on the edges whereas the WeatherTech's were very smoothly finished.

This install requires some attention to detail, but taking some time to do it properly will result in a good result. Prior installs I've done were a lot easier because of the configuration and shape of the glass. I installed a set on a Chevy Sonic. The fronts were installed by twisting them when installing; they snapped into the channel in seconds without any tape. The Equinox visors are more difficult to do properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just posted this in the "all theda" section of the forum, but thought I'd put it here too...

We just got our 2020 Terrain and one of the first items I hunted for was these side window vent visors, and wanted the Weathertech brand. I have them on my '19 Canyon Denali and love them. But the website said they were unavailable yet last week, and I don't want the AVS/Lund ones because of the bad reviews. Went to the Weathertech website tonight and looked, THEY NOW HAVE THEM!! :smile_big: They are part number 82942 for front and rear set. $99.95

https://www.weathertech.com/gmc/2020...ow-deflectors/

Cant wait to get them!

-Dan
Dan,
Did these install OK? I have a 2020 Equinox and am wondering if the 2020 Terrain WeatherTech visors will fit the Equinox??? Aren't the bodies/windows the same on these two vehicles?

Please let me know - thanks...

Greg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan,
Did these install OK? I have a 2020 Equinox and am wondering if the 2020 Terrain WeatherTech visors will fit the Equinox??? Aren't the bodies/windows the same on these two vehicles?

Please let me know - thanks...

Greg
Not sure if the windows are the same in the nox, but they did install easily in our Terrain, just had to leave windows closed a day or two after installing. They have been perfect opening and closing.
-Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if the windows are the same in the nox, but they did install easily in our Terrain, just had to leave windows closed a day or two after installing. They have been perfect opening and closing.
-Dan
Dan,
Thanks - I guess I'll have to do some measuring and see if they are close to being the same size...

Greg

·
Registered
505 Posts
Dan,
Thanks - I guess I'll have to do some measuring and see if they are close to being the same size...

Greg
I'm really surprised that there aren't visors for the Equinox yet, but are available for the Terrain. I'm sure many more Equinox's are produced vs the Terrain. I'm marginally satisfied with the GM in channel visors supplied by Lund, as they look and fit okay and function just fine, but WeatherTech visors have better optical clarity, appear to be made from a better acrylic and are finished smoother on the edges.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dan,

Greg
Visually from side views of each vehicle the rear windows seem way different. They are not identical vehicles.
-Dan

·
Registered
236 Posts
Has anyone tried the Stampede Snap-Inz side window deflector for the Equinox...Stampede part # 41058-2

If so, what is quality like? Is this just a rebranded AVS product?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just curious and not knocking side window deflectors but do you guys find them useful? if so, how? I never have the windows cracked open but I presume these defectors would keep the rain out, is that their use or is it just cosmetic

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just curious and not knocking side window deflectors but do you guys find them useful? if so, how? I never have the windows cracked open but I presume these defectors would keep the rain out, is that their use or is it just cosmetic
Yes, ventilate the vehicle while parked, safe from rainshowers, and if you smoke, ventilate your smoke even if it's raining out. Cuts some sun glare too at certain times of the day.
-Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts