GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rec'd today, will install and take some more pics later.
Waited 2 months as per this thread:

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=249.msg4364#msg4364

but so far, looks as thought the wait was worth it.
Someone had mentioned vent blockage with the weathertechs so we'll be checking for such things, overall fit and any unwanted "noise" and will continue on in this thread with Pics and comments.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Close up of the fronts, fresh out of the box:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Weathertech FloorLiner™ DigitalFit® Floor Mat Pictures

Old mat, driver side, then old mat removed.
You can see where the water accumulates left of the gas pedal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weathertechs installed front driver side.
It appears no vents are being blocked???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front passenger original and new, new rear installed.
I wasn't going to do the rear right away as I'd read there may be cutting involved, but once I backed the vehicle out of the garage and determined which way was "front", the rear mat slipped right in, no muss no fuss!
Nice fit all around and from what I've seen so far, no obstructions or issues at all.
I told everyone that drives it to be sure and be aware of the new mat on the driver side, but it seems it locks into the factory retaining clips fairly solidly.
Overall, better late than never, it's been a long winter and we could have used the mats months ago, but hey, its a new model so a custom fit means custom measurements with a portable CMM machine.
Thanks Weathertech!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
They look great....how come the gas/brake pedals are so dirty? Don't you clean them? LOL

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GARYD said:
They look great....how come the gas/brake pedals are so dirty? Don't you clean them? LOL
On my day off, the wife is lucky i put the mats in, let alone clean the carpeting or pedals LOL!
Matter of fact I showed her the pics here and we both agreed that "I" have to clean the interior (shampoo and vacuum) this weekend!
Shouldn't have shown her the pictures, I know LOLOLOLOL!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow, those look great!

Where did you order them from, and are they [finally] in stock? I'll order some up tonight, for the Terrain I don't have.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scottyyyc said:
Wow, those look great!

Where did you order them from, and are they [finally] in stock? I'll order some up tonight, for the Terrain I don't have.
If you're in Canada,
http://www.weathertech.ca

US,
http://www.weathertech.com

We were wondering if the grey mats may have looked better after looking at the pics on the forum but just took it for a spin to the grocery store and both agreed that black was the way to go.
It really blacks out the black interior at night!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Indeed, I think I'll go black too. How does the 'foot feel' feel like? Any sense of what they're like when they get a little wet?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
scottyyyc said:
Indeed, I think I'll go black too. How does the 'foot feel' feel like? Any sense of what they're like when they get a little wet?
They feel softer and more pliable than ones we've had in the past which were made of a harder plastic.
These are a little more rubbery, but still stiff enough to retain the intended form.
Will have to post back after experiencing them on a rainy day but with all the grooves molded in, a little water shouldn't pose much of a problem, IMHO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We have the Weathertech’s in my wife’s 2005 Tahoe and my 2010 Equinox. It’s an insane amount of money to pay for floormats but I think they’re worth it and will buy them for any car I have in the future. Excellent quality and made in the US!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kilcher said:
We have the Weathertech’s in my wife’s 2005 Tahoe and my 2010 Equinox. It’s an insane amount of money to pay for floormats but I think they’re worth it and will buy them for any car I have in the future. Excellent quality and made in the US![/color]
kilcher, insanity is a relative term...you should meet some of my relatives!
LOLOLOLOL!
As Dad always told me, "You get what you pay for", and in this case, we got a 3-year warranty on floormats that will probably last 33 years!
Oh and BTW, welcome to the best GM Theta Platform Forums on the net!
;)

One more thing, I took the Terrain to work today and purposely (albeit carefully) tried to intentionally kick the driver's side floor mat out of position as I was driving (yes, insane, I know) but am happy to report:

1) the mat stayed in place as though it was glued to the floor
2) I made it safely to work and didn't initiate any accidents of my own or otherwise!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Gearhead, thanks for posting the photos. You should get a rebate from Weathertech for your efforts. The photos are pretty much self explanitory to the benefits they provide. Now if Weathertech only made a cargo Liner. ::)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Cargo Liner.....now that's what I want. Don't need the second row mat.
Probably too soon to know if there is any other mfg's for the mats, but I'll keep my eyes open. Weathertech seems to be top dog for now.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Snowgov said:
Gearhead, thanks for posting the photos. You should get a rebate from Weathertech for your efforts. The photos are pretty much self explanitory to the benefits they provide. Now if Weathertech only made a cargo Liner. ::)
My pleasure, Snowgov, happy to share.
The original pics are higher resolution and dimensions but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to upload to another server first.
I think the 640 x 480 are good enough to get the point across.
:)
As far as the cargo liner, I believe they make one but it's not custom.
We made our own "Custom" one with all the floor mats we now have!
LOLOLOLOL!
They sit neatly arranged underneath our GM Dealer provided Cargo Organizer and backed by our Cargo Net, both of which we find extremely practical.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Don't forget to consider Huskyliners for the cargo mat. I've had one since before I my Terrain arrived lol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's the route I took. The Husky Cargo Liner is a custom fit application. But I would have preferred the Weathertech to match the floor mats. But the Husky will serve me well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Those look like some quality mats. I really like the idea of getting in and out without worrying about kicking off the snow/dirt from my shoes. I might have to pull the trigger on these. Thanks for the pictures!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wham-o, just ordered a set of these for myself. I live in western Canada, so hopefully it doesn't take long.

**** gearhead, weathertech should find out about your post on this forum, because you probably just sold 20 units for them.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts