GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Re: Weathertech FloorLiner™ DigitalFit® Ordered Jan.2, have to wait another 2 we

SnowItch said:
Based on their web site, I thought they were the manufacturer.
Come to think of it, I believe I asked "I thought you were the manufacturer"? to which they replied they were but in a vague sort of way made it seem as though they were buying them inter-company from their US to their Canadian divisions.
Something like that and confusing as heck to say the least.
Maybe will do a little more digging to find out who actually makes them and where because there definitely is a pecking order happening amongst the many different suppliers that are online including the weathertech site itself.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Anyone know anything bout the back cargo liner?? Was thinking of ordering that also along with the front and back mats..

Snowitch I also but thru Autoanything and might have a coupon..Do they offer free ship..Might as well order now cause not getting Terrain for couple weeks..Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Basic Cargo Liner Mat

I'd like to put down a rubber cargo liner, but I'm not spending over $100 for one. I picked up two heavy duty all-weather front floor mats at the local Strauss auto parts store for $10 (not sure if it was a special sale, but I thought they were a bargain!). If I could find something for, say, less than $25 for the cargo area, I'd get it. I have not had time to look yet. If you have a source for a cheap(er) cargo liner that would fit just the back (with the rear seats up) of the Terrain, please post.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Re: Basic Cargo Liner Mat

tmozer said:
I'd like to put down a rubber cargo liner, but I'm not spending over $100 for one. I picked up two heavy duty all-weather front floor mats at the local Strauss auto parts store for $10[/color] (not sure if it was a special sale, but I thought they were a bargain!). If I could find something for, say, less than $25 for the cargo area, I'd get it. I have not had time to look yet. If you have a source for a cheap(er) cargo liner that would fit just the back (with the rear seats up) of the Terrain, please post.
That's pretty much all we did too.
We have the cargo organizer but for the price of some generic Michelin floor mats it's a cost effective way to protect the fabric in the cargo area floor.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Cargo Floor Mat

It looks like a 38" square rubber cargo floor mat would do it. Now to find one....

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought the WeatherTech front and back mats and the shipping is free..Take about 2 weeks just around the time of my Terrain delivery..I also bought the Cargo Organizer from a place I deal with less than GMC accessories price...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I picked up the GM floormats from my dealer and a Husky Cargo Liner from Autoanything. I'm happy with both. Weathertech doesn't offer a cargo liner for the Terrain/Equinox yet.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Re: Weathertech FloorLiner™ DigitalFit® Ordered Jan.2, have to wait another 2 we

The weathertechs arrived this morning, exactly 2 months since ordering.
Hoorah!!!

Hopefully everyone else that's waiting here in Canada will see their's shortly as well.

The box says:

Country of origin: USA
Designed to fit : Chevrolet Equinox, 2010 + / GMC Terrain 2010 +

so that may be why the long wait, they fit both vehicles.
Will post up some pictures later today.
:)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

SnowItch said:
MacNeil Automotive Products
2435 Wisconsin Ave.
Downers Grove, Illinois 60515
Indeed!

"proudly Designed, Engineered and Manufactured with American made tooling in the USA".

That's what I personally like to hear and I can wait for that!
Call me old fashioned!
;)

More pictures and comments here:

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=422.0

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ordered 6th of Febuary and received on March 4th.

I think I might have just received them as well. I came home last night to a UPS sticker on my window ( missed him by like 4 minutes when I left for work).

Hopefully he will pass sooner today so that I can actually get my hands on them!

Add: I just received them at the moment. Looks great, don't really have time to install them as I am leaving for work but I can't wait. Ordered on Feb 6th so almost a month.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Just about any internet parts store will sell the front set for $117.95 total.
Some sell at a lower price, but charge S/H. Some sell at $117.95 with free shipping.

I bought my Terrain in Downers Grove, not far from where I live. I'll see if they have a store or just a manufacturing plant.

I did see an ad for a cargo mat that went up the back of the seats so it covered the whole area when the seats were lowered. Don't know who made it,but I'm going to go look for it again.

·
Registered
635 Posts
GARYD said:
I did see an ad for a cargo mat that went up the back of the seats so it covered the whole area when the seats were lowered. Don't know who made it,but I'm going to go look for it again.
Huskyliner makes one too in all three colours.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Seeing how most dealers are selling the liners for the same price, is there a dealer that has a faster shipping record or is shipping going to be the same also?

What dealer(s) have all you guys been buying from, any particular one, and did you have any problems?
Going to order Monday.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just got my Black WeatherTech mats front and rear seats..Took about a week from AutoAnything..They are real nice and a nice fit..Like them alot...

·
Registered
20 Posts
The dealer included all weather floormats for my Terrain as a 'freebie'. They are, to put it nicely, cheap. I am going to order the weathertech mats in the near future. In the meantime the factory ones will have to do. All GM would have to do is make them a bit more heave duty and make the rear mat a one piece to go over the driveline tunnel. Then I would not have to spend the extra $$ to get the after markets.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

NWrain said:
The dealer included all weather floormats for my Terrain as a 'freebie'. They are, to put it nicely, cheap. I am going to order the weathertech mats in the near future. In the meantime the factory ones will have to do. All GM would have to do is make them a bit more heave duty and make the rear mat a one piece to go over the driveline tunnel. Then I would not have to spend the extra $$ to get the after markets.
True that, but in GM's defense, can't think of any other manufacturer at present that offers a high quality mat such as the Weathertech or Husky brands.
Remember, not everyone needs such a durable (and relatively expensive) floor mat for their vehicle.
;)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Someone brought up an issue about the holes in the WeatherTech liners allowing salty water to get in the carpet. Does Husky have those holes? My question is if these liners are form fitting, why do they need to be anchored? They shouldn't be able to move.

Is the rear liner 1 piece or 2 pieces? WeatherTech or Husky?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
GARYD said:
Someone brought up an issue about the holes in the WeatherTech liners allowing salty water to get in the carpet. Does Husky have those holes? My question is if these liners are form fitting, why do they need to be anchored? They shouldn't be able to move.

Is the rear liner 1 piece or 2 pieces? WeatherTech or Husky?
The holes match the factory installed anchors.
Can't argue that some salty water would leak through.
The rear is one piece.
Weathertech Pics are here:
http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=422.0

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Thanks guys. I was leaning toward the WeatherTech, but may go with the Huskys....they are less cost.
Weathertech $117 for front only, Husky $130 for front and back.

Those with the Husky's, how do you like them??

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm sold. Ordering the Husky's today. Thanks all.
Also See my post on the cargo liner I just got.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts