GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just FYI, we placed the order for front and rear liners Jan.2, 2010.

http://www.weathertech.ca/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=52&VehId=1406&Year=2010

We received an e-mail shortly after that the order would exceed the 7-10 days as posted on their site upon checkout.
We called them a couple of weeks ago and they mentioned first week in February we should see them.
We called again today and were informed it would be at least another 2 weeks, maybe sooner.
No big deal, just a heads up.
Someone posted here on the site that they were happy with the look and fit of theirs and I'm sure ours will be fine as well once they get here.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Any idea on shipping costs for both front and rear mats???

·
Registered
29 Posts
They do look interesting... If some members have them is it possible to post a picture to see how they look? I tried clicking on video bu nothing showed up.

These would be perfect for all the winter crap that my boots carry around and the lower end mats don't even cover nearly as much as these are showing to cover.

Edit: What do you guys think about the clear plate cover, worth it or not for 50$?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Weathertech FloorLiner™ DigitalFit® Ordered Jan.2, have to wait another 2 we

nitti48 said:
Any idea on shipping costs for both front and rear mats???
I think shipping was included when you purchased both.
If memory serves, it was around $19 CAN funds otherwise.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think they say that the price includes freight.

And I know pictures are on the website, I never trust selling material. I was asking if someone already at it in their own car if they could take a picture to see if it really fits like they say it does. ;D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered mine last night. I only got charge for 6.50 (or something similar to it) of GST, freight was included. I think they sat it depends on what area you live in, and if you lived out of a major city/area you might be charged extra. I did only order the front set in black, since rarely anybody sits behind, and if they do they can use the cheap mats they shouldn't be moving their legs around that much!

Again order on the Canadian version of the website.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the front, rear and cargo mats from Weathertech and got them from www.autoanything.com. They arrived in 6 days and shipping was FREE.

Overall they are really nice. I like how they are molded to the interior and how they have sides on them to trap any water/snow. The one draw back I see is that the front mats sides cover part of the floor air vent which is at the base of the center console. I modified my mat by cutting the sidewall about an inch right where the vent is. It still has plenty of sidewall to keep the water in, but allows the flow of air. If anyone is interested I can take a picture of how they look and the modification I made.

Also not that the rear cargo liner is designed for when the rear seat is all the way back. If you have the rear seat moved up you will have a space between the liner and the seat.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Weathertech FloorLiner™ DigitalFit® Ordered Jan.2, have to wait another 2 we

jbsails said:
I have the front, rear and cargo mats from Weathertech and got them from www.autoanything.com. They arrived in 6 days and shipping was FREE.

Overall they are really nice. I like how they are molded to the interior and how they have sides on them to trap any water/snow. The one draw back I see is that the front mats sides cover part of the floor air vent which is at the base of the center console. I modified my mat by cutting the sidewall about an inch right where the vent is. It still has plenty of sidewall to keep the water in, but allows the flow of air. If anyone is interested I can take a picture of how they look and the modification I made.

Also not that the rear cargo liner is designed for when the rear seat is all the way back. If you have the rear seat moved up you will have a space between the liner and the seat.
Great info, thanks jbsails!
Will have to watch for and modify the floor vent section of the front mat sidewall.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

SnowItch said:
Glad you mentioned that. I have a coupon for autoanything. I'll cancel my order with Weathertech and get them there.

Thanks!
One thing you may want to consider, Snowtch...I was thinking along the same lines as yourself when it dawned on me that perhaps weathertech is the OEM?
From looking on other websites, it appears they order through weathertech, or more specifically, MacNeil Automotive Products Limited.

Our mission is quite simple at MacNeil Automotive Products Limited. We strive to continually exceed our customers expectations, and it shows not-only in every product that wears the WeatherTech brand, but in our staff as well! Let's delve a bit deeper "Behind the Tech"!
Source: http://www.weathertech.com/behindtech/

·
Registered
29 Posts
I received an email this morning stating that my order may exceed 14 days delivery time. I presume they haven't fully restored their stock and still experiencing shortages.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went with a set of Huskys instead of the Weathertech. $109 + 12 shipping on ebay.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

SnowItch said:
Glad I didn't cancel my order. AutoAnything's price is the same as ordering them from the manufacturer with shipping.

AutoAnything's price is 187.90 with free shipping. Weathertech's price is 169.90 plus 18.00 for shipping for a total of...187.90. And Autoanything won't accept a coupon on Weathertech's product.

And AutoAnything has this posted:

So, I'll just keep my order with WeatherTech in place and hope they will ship quickly.
Probably a good idea, SnowItch, unless you were to completely cancel the order and switch to Huskys instead.
I remember last time we called Weathertech and gave our order #, after a long pause, they asked when we ordered, which leads me to believe they are overwhelmed and shipping as per where you are in the queue.
If you were to cancel from Weathertech and place an order with AutoAnything, you may be delaying shipping that much longer since your AutoAnything order would probably be just stacked at the end of the queue.

·
Registered
698 Posts
SnowItch said:
Wasn't there a report on the forum of somebody having issues with the Husky's. I tried to find it and couldn't.
It was me. After I installed them I got a 'rattle' somewhere in the footwell. I've since gone back to my OEM mat for the driver's side as I can't locate what's pushing/rubbing on what down there and causing the annoying sound.

Otherwise they fit great and look pretty good too. I have a full set including the cargo tray.

·
Registered
698 Posts
^ you're at the point I was back in December. It was delay after delay.

Hopefully you don't experience the rattling. Not sure what the mat is pressing on (footwell plastic, console plastic, etc.) but I haven't put the effort to looking further into it yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
SnowItch said:
I've decided to go with the Huskies. A call to WeatherTech didn't give me a warm fuzzy that I'll see the mats anytime soon. The Huskies are in stock on eBay (and cheaper).

Here's hoping I don't replicate Terrain's rattle. I'll keep you all posted on what I think once I get them (and if they rattle).
Where they saying that you wouldn't see them in like 30-45 days? Or just couldn't/wouldn't promise you anything. In any case, I will probably wait for the weathertech to reach me. I already have order cleaning products for the carpet salt stain that are driving me crazy with those crappy mats I have...

·
Registered
635 Posts
SnowItch said:
I've decided to go with the Huskies. A call to WeatherTech didn't give me a warm fuzzy that I'll see the mats anytime soon. The Huskies are in stock on eBay (and cheaper).

Here's hoping I don't replicate Terrain's rattle. I'll keep you all posted on what I think once I get them (and if they rattle).

What colour did you pick Sno? I think I like the huskies better too (more coverage)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks Sno ...black it is!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I ordered the Huskyliners!*

*an extra $10 for shipping to Canada

$179 USD = $189.66 CAD at todays (Feb 10/10) exchange rate.

Thank you for your order on February 10, 2010 from:Husky Liners

The following confirms your order and shipping information:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

ssmike06 said:
Where they saying that you wouldn't see them in like 30-45 days? Or just couldn't/wouldn't promise you anything. In any case, I will probably wait for the weathertech to reach me. I already have order cleaning products for the carpet salt stain that are driving me crazy with those crappy mats I have... [/color]
When we first got our Terrain, I went and got some universal rubber mats (pant saver type) from a local Canadian Tire, but any auto parts supplier, heck I think even WalMart has them fairly cheap.
Sure beats the heck out of the carpet ones, especially with salt on the roads.

We then picked some up from the Dealer and they fit and perform nicely, they just don't have the coverage we're looking for especially for the driver's left foot.
We've trained ourselves to keep our left foot flat as opposed to on the sloped area left of the brake and the interior is saying fairly clean with the GM mats (the other mats are covering our cargo area under the organizer LOL).

As SnowItch says, we don't have the warm and fuzzy with weathertech but will wait it out with the GM mats for this season, anyway.
Hopefully, by the time ours have arrived, they've tweaked the mats so we don't have to do any cutting in front of air vents or anything like that (mentioned in this thread I believe), although that's not a show stopper either.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts