GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are pictures of the black Weathertech cargo liner for the Terrain. I really like it and this is the third Weathertech liner I've owned. In the pictures the liner looks gray, but it is black, just like the interior.

The rear of the liner folds up to accomodate the rear seat motion. I suppose you could fold it down and underneath the liner but I preferred it as shown. Folded this way it also prevents dirt from falling down between the seat and cargo area.

I couldn't find a way to post multiple pictures in a single post so each picture has it's own post.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the same liner with the rear seat moved forward so the liner lays flat. The rear seat can move forward even more and the liner won't be covering the entire cargo space.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Weathertech Cargo Liner and Cargo Net Picture

Lastly, here's the liner with the GMC cargo net that I purchased at the parts counter at the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Looks good. I have the same one in my Terrain and i love it.. I must say it was a wonderful purchase.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but does that extra flap accomodate the entire range of the rear seat travel, or only part way? I just bought a new Terrain and I want to minimize potential issues with dog hair in the vehicle. When it will be just my girlfriend and I in the vehicle with them, we'll likely slide the seat all the way forward so they have as much space as possible. I was hoping that the sides would press more completely against the side walls, again to help prevent the pet hair from falling down there. I guess I'll have to use velcro or something to help "seal" that gap.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tribefan,

With the rear seat all the way forward, the Weathertech cargo line does not cover the entire cargo area. It's short by about 6-7 inches.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
216 Posts
DavidPJ said:
Tribefan,

With the rear seat all the way forward, the Weathertech cargo line does not cover the entire cargo area. It's short by about 6-7 inches.
Yours must be different than mine, with the second row seat as far forward as possible I have at the most about 3 inches. I just picked up my Terrain last Tuesday and had the Front, Second row and cargo liner ready and waiting. Mine cargo linner is model # 40442.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmmm.... Interesting.

·
Registered
978 Posts
43sbest
Pictures please...

·
Registered
216 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
43sbest
Pictures please...
I'll try to get some tomorrow or Wednesday

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. It's hard to find decent sized pictures of the liner installed.

·
Registered
216 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
43sbest
Pictures please...
Here you go,
Photo 1 is the rear seat all the way forward---about 1 inch from the console.
Photo 2 is the gap between the rear seat all the way forward and the liner (about 3 inches)
Photo 3 is the liner as it fits at the rear of the storage area.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
43sbest said:
Here you go,
Photo 1 is the rear seat all the way forward---about 1 inch from the console.
Photo 2 is the gap between the rear seat all the way forward and the liner (about 3 inches)
Photo 3 is the liner as it fits at the rear of the storage area.
We've got the same liners and they are the absolute best!! Esy to clean and looks good, especially with the jet black interior. :)[/color]

·
Registered
978 Posts
43sbest said:
Here you go,
Thank you very much...those pics and the part number you posted helps a lot...
2 thumbs up !!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
43sbest said:
Yours must be different than mine, with the second row seat as far forward as possible I have at the most about 3 inches. I just picked up my Terrain last Tuesday and had the Front, Second row and cargo liner ready and waiting. Mine cargo linner is model # 40442.
I double checked my cargo liner and it is as you said. There's about a 3 inch gap with the seat fully forward and fully reclined. With the rear seat partially reclined, the gap is slightly less. Sorry for the misleading info. The only explanation I have for why initially I thought it was 6-7 inches is that possibly the liner was not properly positioned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the same liner but I ended up cutting the liner at that flap. I don't move my seats up very often and my dog was moving the liner when I was driving so I just cut it off. It fits nice I need to do something about it slipping every now and then when the dog gets in and out. But it is a really great product -- I am looking at getting the floormats soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Digging up an old post but just took possession of a 2014 Nox that came without the cargo close-out panel. Didn't even realize it was an extra cost option until I looked in the back and saw the gap.

Question - how well does the weathertech liner work with nothing to support the space behind the seat if there is no close-out panel? We have a lab and I'm wondering if she'll just step on that spot and dump any sand and water down into the space behind the seat where the panel would previously have provided support to the liner.

Appreciate any replies!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts