GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I started getting..... "Weather advisory alert is in effect in your area. Please check with your local radio station". It comes on each time I start the car and about every 10 to 15 minutes. There are 2 choices to press. 1)Cancel and 1)check. If I press "check" it shows a long list of cities ... none of which are anywhere near me in the Chicago area. The closest city is Alton, Il. hundreds of miles away. When I check NOAA there's nothing that even comes close to any kind of bad weather.
So I just press cancel. Then in about 10 minutes it comes back on.
Has anyone else had this "problem"?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mine is still poping up regularly. I'm getting pi$$ed. I'm going to turn it off now that I know I can.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've found the main reason for so many weather alerts on other devices is that NOAA releases new alerts for the same stuff over and over and over and.... Each time an alert is issued, most providers will send it without checking if it repeats or not for the same area. Very annoying. I get weather alerts in many place, including e-mail and phone because my work is somewhat affected by adverse weather. I really gets annoying when I get the same alert 5 times in a row over the same hour.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turned "Weather Alerts" off. So far it hasn't come on again in 2 days.
I really don't need it. Being a Harley owner, I am ALWAYS checking the weather, either on line or the Weather Channel, so I'm pretty sure of what the weather is going to be like for the next couple days and for sure for the next 5-6 hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts