GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Terrain and for the last 2 weeks when it rains, I have excessive puddling of water in the rear floorboards. Mostly on the rear driver side however the vehicle does sit on a slight decline on that side.
I've researched and haven't pinpointed anything relating to a possible cause in the rear floor boards.
Any advise is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Sunroof leaks are very common, do you have a sunroof?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd guess sunroof leak too. If you search there is a sunroof calibration method on here. I believe holding down the close button with keys on but not started. I had to do this after noticing some leaking going through the carwash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2015 Terrain and for the last 2 weeks when it rains, I have excessive puddling of water in the rear floorboards. Mostly on the rear driver side however the vehicle does sit on a slight decline on that side.
I've researched and haven't pinpointed anything relating to a possible cause in the rear floor boards.
Any advise is greatly appreciated.
I do have a sunroof but after taking to dealership there is definitely a design flaw in this vehicle. The water was coming in somewhere around the tail lights into the trunk compartment. Totally ruined the interior due to a piece of tape covering some hole in that area.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m having a similar problem with my 2020 Chevy Equinox. The front drivers and passengers side is getting wet I’m guessing is from the AC draining into the cabin because we don’t have the sun/moonroof.have an appointment on the 2nd so the dealer can check it out. Am assuming they will need to replace the carpet due to all the black mold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update: dealership found the leak on my car and corrected the problem they said it was coming from the bottom of the windshield (their words )we been driving the car with the AC on and we also had a few rainy days and so far no water inside the car. Dealer scheduled me for the replacement of the carpet next week hopefully they install the carpet perfectly and it won’t sag or anything like that lol. We’ll keep you informed.

Zeus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts