GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
daughter has an 05 nox. Water in the passenger side floor board up front. No idea where it is coming from. totally removed all seats, peeled back the carpet , along the firewall is a foam padding that is totally wet like a sponge. Does anyone have an answer as to where the water might be coming from? It is not just a little water. Seen where some posts say the sunroof (which she has), and some talk of it might be from the front cowl. Need help finding the problem. If someone has had this problem and knows the culprit, I'd like to know where to start looking.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
frustratednox said:
daughter has an 05 nox. Water in the passenger side floor board up front. No idea where it is coming from. totally removed all seats, peeled back the carpet , along the firewall is a foam padding that is totally wet like a sponge. Does anyone have an answer as to where the water might be coming from? It is not just a little water. Seen where some posts say the sunroof (which she has), and some talk of it might be from the front cowl. Need help finding the problem. If someone has had this problem and knows the culprit, I'd like to know where to start looking.
is the spare tire compartment full also?
I had a 05 and if I remember right water was comming in from around the taillight

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I hear of water on the passenger side floor forward, in any car, the first thing that comes to mind is the condensate drain on the air conditioning evaporator coil, which is in that area, behind the dash. The drain is usually a soft rubber tube that is supposed to carry condensate out through the firewall onto the ground. Sometimes it comes loose, or the lips on the end of the tube become stuck.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Has your concern been resolved? I would be happy to look into this for you as well with more information. Please feel free to contact me privatetly with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts