GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone - I'm proud to me a new member of this forum. My productivity at work as severely declined since I found it.

I have the navi but no rear seat entertainment package. The salesman told me that I could watch a DVD on the navigation screen as long as the vehicle is in park.

Question 1: Can anyone confirm this?

Question 2: Can this be overridden to play DVDs even while the car is in drive?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. i don't plan on watching while driving, but i think it would be useful with a child in the back, middle seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't want to get flamed about having video running while driving, but an iPad in a thin case sits perfectly on the two AC knobs on the center console. Your aux input to the headphone jack and iPad USB for charging and you are set. And nothing is permanent. Take it with you to next car, house, trips, etc.

I do it for the exact reason you described. Kid sits in rear middle seat with perfect view of console.

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you have the RSE, you can see DVDs on the radio screen if the car is in park.
I'm not sure if the DVD drive on a navi unit can do the same. Without either you
get a CD drive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't have the rear seat entertainment package.

I do have the Nav unit in the dash; was trying to find out if this can still play a dvd ?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
SevillianSTS said:
I don't have the rear seat entertainment package.

I do have the Nav unit in the dash; was trying to find out if this can still play a dvd ?
Just try it and find out. Put the car in park, put a DVD in. Does it do anything? Then come back and let us know.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I realized that if you the navigation, you have received a separate
manual for it. If you can display the DVD on the screen it will be in this
manual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts