GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen many people have too many issues with the new Equinoxs. Anyone have any prolems with their Nox's? All I had was a paint defect so far and just hit 1000 miles. The Saturn forum used to have numerous posts on people having issues

·
Registered
332 Posts
Had the passenger side rear window regulator replaced because it was binding. Other than that it's been awesome!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ve had a couple of problems, nothing that I would consider a show stopper. It’s a little annoying, but the Nox is a great vehicle.

Here are the issues that I’ve had fixed under warranty.
  • Replaced driver side seat belt buckle receiver, would not register belt being fastened.
  • Had the ECU and transmission module flashed to correct problems with aggressive deceleration when coasting.
  • Replaced HVAC/center stack controls due to recall.
  • Had EVAP service campaign applied (no noticeable problem).
  • Had navigation system software updated per service campaign (no noticeable problem).
  • Power rear lift gate stopped working. Replaced object detection sensors, corrected problem.

FYI, my Nox has the RPO code “UYS - IDENTIFIER FOR EARLY BUILDS” . The build date is 5/28/09. Don’t know if my problems are related to being an early build.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Front driver tweeter has been crackling since I bought it new, needs replacement. Windshield was never seated properly, at the perfect air speed and temperature it likes to whistle. I have yet to get them looked at, but its all warranty work.

·
Registered
196 Posts
mine left me stranded after 92 miles and 2 days.

dealer had to tow it and replace the body control module and engine control module along with one key fob.

now the only thing is the power steering squeel that all v6's have

·
Registered
446 Posts
Only problem we've had was not really a defect, but more of a dealership defect... :mad:

We took our 'Nox in for an oil change and I asked about the alignment of the hood. The dealership said there was a suspension problem, but couldn't fix it until the 'Nox had a few thousand miles on it because GM thinks the shocks would "wear in" and the alignment problem might change. Well, it didn't. So we took it back in and the dealership did something to it, but this caused more issues. Bad issues. This happened more than once. It took 5 trips to the dealership for them to fix their own mistakes. I think they goofed up from the start and didn't fix the initial problem like they should have and kept causing more issues. Major issues.

Anyway, out 'Nox is perfect now, and I'll NOT be going back to that dealership for anything in the future.

24 Posts
Ohmsford,

Please keep us posted if the issue has been taken care of. Are you having trouble getting into the dealership?

Caron, GM Customer Service

Ohmsford said:
Front driver tweeter has been crackling since I bought it new, needs replacement. Windshield was never seated properly, at the perfect air speed and temperature it likes to whistle. I have yet to get them looked at, but its all warranty work.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Cadillac Customer Service said:
Ohmsford,

Please keep us posted if the issue has been taken care of. Are you having trouble getting into the dealership?

Caron, GM Customer Service
Thanks for your attention. Stuff like this will help GM get back to where they should be - # 1.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
chasesnox said:
I'm having the engine rebuilt next week because it burns oil. 9500 miles
What? Which engine do you have..

Anyway, closing in on 6k miles on my Nox and no issues so far. I had the center stack firmware reflashed (per the service bulletin for my vin#) but didn't have any problems with it before.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Had our high pressure fuel pump replaced due to poor performance, sputtering and poor MPG. Now, we have even worse MPG but the car is quieter and no more sputtering. Going to wait out one more tank of fuel before bringing it up to the dealer again.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Narg said:
Only problem we've had was not really a defect, but more of a dealership defect... :mad:

We took our 'Nox in for an oil change and I asked about the alignment of the hood. The dealership said there was a suspension problem, but couldn't fix it until the 'Nox had a few thousand miles on it because GM thinks the shocks would "wear in" and the alignment problem might change. Well, it didn't. So we took it back in and the dealership did something to it, but this caused more issues. Bad issues. This happened more than once. It took 5 trips to the dealership for them to fix their own mistakes. I think they goofed up from the start and didn't fix the initial problem like they should have and kept causing more issues. Major issues.

Anyway, out 'Nox is perfect now, and I'll NOT be going back to that dealership for anything in the future.
No choice for warranty work. I do not use the dealer for regular items. Do what I can myself and have a local shop who SHOWS me what needs to be done and charge $85 an hour. Not sure what this dealers hourly rate is but the diagnostic charge is $150!!! :eek:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have an issue with the headliner "drooping" my dealer said it is normal. Checked others and the same. Also have been trying to get in to have them check my noisy, shaking and rough idling motor and vibrating steering wheel. but several family medical issues have prevented me fom doing this. Fortunately the Nox has not broken down. (yet)

·
Registered
34 Posts
ccharlie said:
I have an issue with the headliner "drooping" my dealer said it is normal. Checked others and the same.
I don't think its normal, its probably an issue with the others on the lot as well. That thing is going to be flapping in the wind if the windows are open, lol. If its warm out, you can press the headliner up and get it to stick. After a few seconds, you can hear and see the adhesive release, that's not normal. The dealer tried to fix it, but it did not hold. Supposedly the dealer is going to order a new headliner, we'll see how it pans out. ::)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had a very bad scream/squeal, along with emission problem. Only happened once and the codes were there but they couldn't replicate. Dealer thinks it may have been a dirty injector and not proper air gas mixing.

Recall flashes and the centre stack replaced (no problems noticed, they called it in)

High pressure fuel pump replaced, service guys broke the fuel lines and replaced as well

AM/FM radio not working in cold weather, flashed, reprogrammed and finally replaced. Now XM is giving me problems.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had a squek in the rear dealer said they fixed which they didn't (I finally fixed it) and the paint on the rear spoiler was buffed at the factory or the dealer to the primer. They repainted the whole spoiler. Had the Nox 8 moths and only 4500 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts