GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody removed these? For some reason it bothers me to have these in my face. I know you can't just peel them off. I've heard a product called Goof Off would work. Anybody?

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
dcrets said:
Has anybody removed these? For some reason it bothers me to have these in my face. I know you can't just peel them off. I've heard a product called Goof Off would work. Anybody?
Try the Search function. This has been discussed, and IIRC, they used a hair dryer, and just peeled them off - but don't trust my memory.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I wouldn't use anything like goof off - it's very oily and I wouldn't trust that on the fabric of the visor. It's more for non-porous surfaces, like bottles and tile. (It does work fantastic on hard surfaces though)

·
Registered
682 Posts
I also dislike the all the distracting warnings that they apply to the visors.
I do believe that they are an iron on patch instead of a decal. The old decal versions were easy to remove.
These iron on patches are tough to remove cleanly. I had one vehicle that I just ended up replacing the visors because they looked bad after the removal . Replacements did not come with the warnings applied.
You can try to remove the patches by first taking the visors out of the vehicle.
Lay the visor down flat and place a slightly damp clean cloth over the patch and then take a clothes iron and heat up the patch.
Make sure that you keep an eye on the fabric so that you do not scorch it.
Once the patch is hot enough it should peel off.
Just be careful.
The other alternative is to go to a sign shop and get them to cut you plain decal out of material that closely matches the visor color
and cover them up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
darkside said:
I also dislike the all the distracting warnings that they apply to the visors.
I do believe that they are an iron on patch instead of a decal. The old decal versions were easy to remove.
These iron on patches are tough to remove cleanly. I had one vehicle that I just ended up replacing the visors because they looked bad after the removal . Replacements did not come with the warnings applied.
You can try to remove the patches by first taking the visors out of the vehicle.
Lay the visor down flat and place a slightly damp clean cloth over the patch and then take a clothes iron and heat up the patch.
Make sure that you keep an eye on the fabric so that you do not scorch it.
Once the patch is hot enough it should peel off.
Just be careful.
The other alternative is to go to a sign shop and get them to cut you plain decal out of material that closely matches the visor color
and cover them up.
Great suggestions..thanks! I too hate this and tried to take mine off to discover the sticky part of it. Got a little corner off and stopped due to residue and pull on fabric.

Thank again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts