GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, had the Nox for nearly a week or so now. Bought for the wife. But truthfully I really like it too. It kind of grew on me. Anyhow, there were only 2 features that LS didn't give us that we really wanted...remote-start & a power lift on the hatch lid.

I am sure there is a way to get new FOB's & reprogram to make the remote-start work. Can someone point me in the right direction? Despite all my Google searches, I haven't had much luck. Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, I visited that thread and made some additional comments there.

Looks like a brain will be required to make it all work. I guess the real question is, will Chevy sell us the brain so the dealer (or individual) can self install? I suspect with the new brain, new fobs/keys would be required along with some programming. Assuming all this is correct, has anyone already went down this path? And if so, what are the part #'s required to get things moving?

Using a factory system (if available) helps keep it clean IMO. Plus just 1 FOB for everything.

Although in fairness, Valet does make a system (561T) that is supposed to interface with the factory brain and key FOB so it would closely imitate a factory system. I am doing more research on that, and will post back my findings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts