GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone who has been through this process knows how often order status updates are posted via gmconnects.com? I ordered my 2011 Nox on May 20. The last status update I received was on June 1 which as at(3400) Order Broadcast. I haven't received any updates since then and was wondering if I should expect the car to just show up on the delivery truck at the dealership one day or will I receive any more notices from gmconnects.com? I guess I may be too excited! :) Thanks in advance for the advice.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Order Broadcast basically means it's at the factory. Don't know the current nomenclature but if you get additional updates you should see one that verifies the parts (both standard and colored) are available. then an assembly broadcast - finally a build and an invoice/shipped. Most often they take 6-8 weeks. The broadcast you got now may be followed by ones like I just mentioned --- or they all come at once and the car is built and shipped. It depends. It usually takes 24-30 hours to build a car but sometimes no up dates come out til its finished. This is the experience I had with my Saturn Sky and most other GM car owners I know have experienced the same. :cheers:

·
Registered
300 Posts
When I ordered mine I got an email from GM on about 12/4/2010 that it had left the factory and was on it's way to Chicago. I didn't hear anymore until the dealer called me just before Christmas. I picked it up 12/27/2010.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Don B sounds about right -- 9-14 days to Chicago Heights yard and one day to delivery from there.. And as always, some people get lots of emails, most get one or two...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Don B sounds about right -- 9-14 days to Chicago Heights yard and one day to delivery from there.. And as always, some people get lots of emails, most get one or two...
Not knowing much about their system, I was wondering at the time why it took so long after it left the factory. The email on Dec. 4th said it had left the factory and was on it's way to Chicago, you are saying 9-14 days to Chicago Heights. According to Streets & trips it's four or five hundred miles from the factory to Chicago, what happens in between the factory and Chicago? I thought they would get to Chicago within a day or two and the time sitting would be in Chicago waiting to get a truckload coming to my area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the status history I received to date from gmconnects:

05/20/2011 (1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.
05/20/2011 (1102) Order entered via web.
05/23/2011 (2000) Order accepted by GM. Dealer used allocation to place order into production.
05/24/2011 (2500) Order preferenced. Order pulled to the production system.
05/25/2011 (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
05/27/2011 (3100) Order available to sequence.
05/27/2011 (3100) Order available to sequence.
05/28/2011 (3100) Order available to sequence.
05/28/2011 (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.
06/01/2011 (3400) Order Broadcast (internal plant paperwork order produced). Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If I remember -- cars sit until there is a full rail car. Then it is shipped -- and its on the railroad --- Takes a week to 10 days get a tank car of monomer from LA. to Chicago...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts